1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight" girl likes me (girl)?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by newgirl3, Mar 25, 2019.

1. newgirl3

There's this girl I go to uni with who I haven't spoken to much, but we're connected on social media and stuff. I've known her for a couple months and have had classes with her, and I always see her looking at me. Every time I talk to a friend or someone, she stares at me from across the room (even when everyone else in the room is talking too. It's not like I'm talking loudly and caught her attention). I catch her looking at me randomly in class too. Sometimes when I catch her she doesn't look away.

I'm bi but only close friends know, I'm one to go around announcing it. So she doesn't know unless she assumes I'm gay or bi (which is possible from my personality and clothes). I do think she's attractive, but I never want to come off as creepy to straight girls, so I don't approach her or flirt with her like I would other girls.

She has a boyfriend that doesn't go to school with us but it seems like she's always paying attention to me in class even when she's with her friends. Seems weird for a straight girl to do that in my opinion.

She pops up in the top of my friends list on facebook, which is weird because we never really interact. She's liked some of my stuff and I've liked some of hers but very few posts. Idk if she's checking my profile a lot or what.

How do I know if this girl is into me? I think shes not confident enough to approach me, and im unsure if I should approach her. Any advice or thoughts?

Nic2552 likes this.
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had several experiences in school/uni where I thought guys I had a crush on were eyeing me, but over the years, I've found that sometimes it was all in my head and they ended up being straight.

While she has a boyfriend, it's probably best not to pursue her romantically. You could try being closer as friends in terms of messages and stuff, but always ask yourself what are your motivations for contact. Maybe she will be single in the future; maybe not.

Try not to wait for just her; you could be putting on blinders to other girls who are equally/more in tune with their sexualities and are single/available.

3. Heewon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I disagree with resu. I'm having exact same experience with my staright boss who has a boyfriend. She is incredibly hot and her personality makes her shine even more! Just like the girl you've mentioned in post, my boss stares me she seems quite cheerful and lifted when I'm all jolly around others. I am quite passionate person.
    Back to you: I think she is mildly attracted to you. You should take her out for coffee. Life is too short to ignore these encounters. I am still trying to figure out whether my boss likes me. Remember no ine is straight until they are not!
    It is possible for someone to feels attarcted to same sex even he or she is in relationship.
    If not, do it and find out to get a closure! That way, you don't linger around wondering THAT possible "what if". It becomes regret. Trust me I went through that path. And, I'm done with it!

newgirl3 likes this.
  4. Heewon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I forgot to tell you. When you catch her looking at you smile and see her response. people can't hide what they feel with their eyes. Pick up the hint. It's there.

newgirl3 likes this.
  5. FinallyMe7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was that "straight" girl and now have a gf :wink: Try to get to know her better if you want. Talk to her, hang out with her. Besides flat out asking her, I think hanging out with her and talking to her are your best bets!

newgirl3 and Love4Ever like this.
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly I agree. I thought I was straight for years. My girlfriend will tell you that I’m definitely not lol! Give it a go. Obviously she has a boyfriend so don’t try to move fast on her while she’s with him but I didn’t think it’s a bad idea to give it a shot. What do you have to lose?

newgirl3 likes this.