1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before I head over to the "Later in Life" section...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kairos, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Kairos

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!

I'm so glad that I found this place. Everyone seems so friendly and supportive and that's what I need at the moment. Also, I would love to be able to do the same for others in return. I know that there will be many people here that are in a similar situation to me or have been. I'm sure that I can learn something from them and that they can hopefully do the same from me.

I've known I was bisexual since I was a teenager. I had a couple of relationships with women before I married my husband over 20 years ago. It's been a mostly happy marriage and I have no regrets at all. However, as my two children have grown, my attraction to women has grown stronger and stronger. Of course, it has always been there but I now know that I am no longer attracted to men at all. This realisation has come about due to things that have happened over the last three months especially.

It's such a strange feeling to have while I'm still married and to come to terms with. And that's why I've come here. To read about other people's stories and see how they dealt or are dealing with things. And, like I said, to hopefully offer help and advice myself.

2. Jbjbjb2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello, and welcome.
    Thank you for sharing your story. I’m preparing for the marriage next year, but still not sure. I’m also bisexual and I’m male.

Your story kind of helped me and I could emphasize with you. Thank you for sharing again.

3. Solita

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi and welcome,

There is a link in the EC resources to a site called AskJoanne, https://askjoanne.forums.net/

It's focused on married women who are questioning their sexuality or who are looking to come out as bisexual or lesbian.

It might be of interest...

4. Kairos

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad it helped you. When I got married, I knew it was the right thing to do at that time and had no doubts at all. It sounds like you do though. At least you have quite a bit of time to decide if the marriage is right for you. It's a big decision to make for sure.

5. Kairos

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for the link. I haven't heard of that before. I've had a quick look already and it seems so relevant to my situation.