1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I get a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CactiCat, Mar 23, 2019.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m questioning and I want to bind. I can probably get the money for a binder, but I don’t know how to get it to me. I can’t ship it to my house and I can’t ship it to friends houses. I can’t drive or walk anywhere either. Suggestions?

2. ArsnicD

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ive been trying to figure out the same thing! If you can get an amazon girt card you can at least ourchase one. If you have the ability to get to the mailbox first thats an option. I dont so if someone has another idea!

3. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why can't you ship it to your house? If it's because you're worried your parents will see, wait until around the time of someone's birthday and order a present for someone along with your binder. Amazon has an option to have multiple items sent in one package so you can order a binder and something else. There's also the option of homemade binders.
    Of course, the safest option is a professionally made binder but as long as you're careful, homemade ones can be okay.
    My first binder was homemade and it went really well. I cut a band of fabric from an old t shirt. I doubled it up so it would hold better. It was enough fabric to go across my chest and about an inch on my back. Then I took 3 pieces of wide elastic and stitched them evenly apart. I took the clasps from an old bra and put them on 2 of the pieces of elastic to make it easier to get into. I ended up sewing it into a tank top because it had a tendency to move around too much.
    If you're in the beginning stages of questioning and just want to bind occasionally, homemade might be a good option.
    If that doesn't make sense, there are lots of tutorials online for making binders. Just don't use ace bandages because that can hurt you.
    Also, the recommended time to wear a professional binder is about 8 hours but homemade should be worn less. Professional binders have a more even amount of compression whereas DIY ones can, if used improperly or for too long can push on your ribs.

Good luck and please be careful.