1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morning alarms

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Feb 24, 2019.

?

How many alarms do you set in the mornings?

1. Only 1 (Weekdays)

40.0%
  2. 2 - 3 (Weekdays)

25.0%
  3. More than 3 (Weekdays)

15.0%
  4. Only 1 (Weekends)

22.5%
  5. 2 - 3 (Weekends)

5.0%
  6. More than 3 (Weekends)

5.0%
  7. Other (See comment)

22.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always do three alarms for myself. 6:15, 6:30, 6:45. My phone's on the other side of the room from me, so I have to get up to get it when it first goes off which helps wake me up. Then I usually just lay in bed. The 6:30 alarm lets me know I have a little bit longer and then 6:45 alarms means "Get your ass out of bed, you are going to be late to school."

On weekends, I just let my body decide when it wants to wake up. I've woken up at 9, I've woken up at 11:30.

If I have special trips to go on, then I've set upwards of 5/6 alarms just because I don't trust myself that early in the morning...but I usually wake up without them anyways because of the excitement.

2. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh boy have I got the app for you guys. Brace yourself I'm about to give you a sales pitch.

I have been using this app called "I Can't Wake Up!" for YEARS and it is a godsend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kog.alarmclock&hl=en_CA

It has various puzzles you can turn on that you have to solve to get it to stop. Matching games, math problems, there's one where you can make it so you have to get up and scan a barcode to turn it off, one where you have to shake your phone for several seconds, there's even one that's like a geography quiz.

You can customize the alarms in every way you can possibly imagine. How many times you can snooze, how long you can snooze, puzzle difficulty, screen brightness, you name it.

BUT. BEST OF ALL. It has an "awake check" feature. After however many minutes you tell it, the screen will light up and ask if you are awake (with or without music) and if you don't confirm that you are up the alarm will go off again.

This app is a life saver and I have no idea how I would have gotten through university without it. I highly recommend it.

#22 Groosenator, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If all else fails, there's always the money shredding alarm clock. If you don't wake up it destroys your money. This really exists haha.

4. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    YEAH THAT WOULD DO THE TRICK. But at what cost?

Also not sure if that would go over so well here, Canadian money is plastic. Also... anything less than $5 is in coins so this would add up really fast. I'll stick with the free app lol.

5. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I set two. The first one comes on as radio (not alarm) and that usually gets me up. I have a second one set as an alarm just in case. I had a roommate in college who would set one alarm. When it went off, he got up hit the snooze button, and went back to sleep. Ten minutes later, it when off again, he hit the snooze button, and went back to sleep. But, as bad as that was, there were quite a few times in which he wouldn't get up and his alarm would just keep going until I got up and shut it off. He would frequently stay awake for 20+ hours in a day (usually playing online video games) and then there were times in which he would sleep for 20+ hours in a day. And he had the nerve to complain that I was playing my TV too loud while he was trying to sleep.:rage:

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My college roommate had the alarm clock across the room, so he couldn't just slap it off. But... he would throw a shoe at it instead.

7. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I set one alarm, but I usually beat it awake by 10-15 minutes.

8. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It really varies if I have something important in the morning, otherwise, my boyfriend just gets me up in the mornings