1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Questions About Testosterone

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MaybeBenji, Mar 1, 2019.

1. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay,
    Hopefully I'll be getting on T soon so I'll know the answer to these soon but I've been thinking about some things for a long time. Just some dumb things I've been thinking about. It sounds a little crazy but bear with me.

Anyone who has undergone HRT by taking testosterone (or anyone who has experienced testosterone and knows the answers):

Does the pitch of your sneeze change? This sounds weird but you know the stereotypical "Dad Sneeze" that rattles the walls of the house and could cause an earthquake, will I start doing that? (It sounds so frickin stupid now that I'm typing it out but whatever)

Your voice in your head. When you think your thoughts they tend to be in your own speaking voice. Does your thinking voice deepen as your speaking voice does?

Okay, thanks for putting up with my nonsense XD

Ben

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult to notice things about yourself, especially stuff like sneezing that youre dont make a conscious effort to think about. I think my sneeze has changed pitch but the way you sneeze doesn't change. So no, you won't start doing the dad sneeze but you might find that your current sneeze does sound lower.

Again, it's difficult to tell, I can't even remember my voice pre-T. I think once you get to a stage where you're comfortable and settled with your voice your head will automatically adopt it. You won't be hearing your pre-T voice in your head if you can't remember what it sounds like but you might find that it takes a long while to get to that stage.

MaybeBenji likes this.
  3. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please, keep the questions coming if you have more. This is kind of entertaining. I like your imagination.

I have never really used my voice when I sneeze. I think you get the dad sneeze if you had it before. My sister would definitely have it if her voice was low. She could wake the dead if she sneezed in the graveyard.

I don't know about my inner voice. Is it weird to have multiple different inner voices? I guess it's personal how it is.

MaybeBenji and Hillary B like this.
  4. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like your question about sneezes is more about volume than pitch, no? In any case, I would say it depends how you sneeze. Like some people kinda vocalize then they sneeze and actually say something like "ACHOO" and other people sneeze more like a cat or dog where it's just the action.

I don't think I sneeze any harder or louder than I did prior to starting testosterone. Any sounds that come through my vocal cords are a little bit deeper, but not enough to make my sneezing more noticeable. The "dad sneeze" won't happen unless you want it to lol.

To be honest I don't even pay attention to what the voice in my head sounds like generally speaking. I haven't noticed it change, but paying attention to it right now, it DOES sound a bit similar to my speaking voice. So.. based on this... I am guessing it might have changed over the years to sound more like my own voice as it got deeper? The back of my mind is telling me that the voice in my head already WAS deeper and that being on T just made my voice sound closer to what it already was... but I really don't remember.

I don't think it's nonsense, it's interesting and they are honestly valid questions, buddy. Don't feel bad asking.

MaybeBenji likes this.
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, really the pitch of the sneeze changed. Since it was a lower pitch it carried more. The voice the change change as my voice got lower. It was a bit weird when my voice was dropping though. My voice did not match up in my head, so it was really weird.

MaybeBenji likes this.
  6. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Fascinating. And I guess as MTF I may one day be experiencing these things the other way ie with sneeze and inner voice pitch getting higher. Sounds great to me but I’m lucky increasingly these days to know where I’m going and what I want. And hope for.
    Good luck to yous.

MaybeBenji likes this.