1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any of you guys plan your transition on paper?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jenniewo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Jenniewo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm planning on planning my transition on paper or a google doc file, but it made me question whether or not other transgender people did this as well. Regardless of the answers I receive, I will still plan my transition either way. Even though I know all of the steps I should take in my transition, I feel like it would be easier to manage and keep track of my 'tasks' by writing it down somewhere. So, did any of you plan your transition on paper as well?

2. Hanyauku

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I didn’t necessarily plan my transition on paper, but I did write down transition goals, like “I will come out to my family by this date” or “I’ll start HRT by...”. More than anything it helped me commit to actually start taking action towards my transition, and it’s been helpful, since I’ve come out to my family, and I literally just took my first dose of HRT 15 minutes ago. I like the idea of planning stuff, though! But don’t beat yourself up if you don’t want to/can’t stick to everything you plan. At the very least, planning it will help you figure out and research what you’re insterested in, so I say go for it! And good luck!! :slight_smile:

Hillary B likes this.
  3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, I literally just decided one day to call an informed consent clinic and ask for estradiol.

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not exactly though I have taken notes on top surgery, the NHS in general, and the process of legally changing your name in Ireland in a notebook I have because those aren’t the two things I want to do to transition.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a book, called "the book of Sarah" I planned my timeline and what questions I needed to ask the medical team, my regional manager who helped me come out at work, and reminders in general to me. I included tasks from my therapist, and my HRT doc. its on the shelf right now as we are trying to get things like assessments done in province now and we're in a waiting period.

6. MaybeBenji

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have. I have a file on my computer where I wrote out the order in which I'm going to change my legal documents once I get my "letter of gender affirmation". It makes everything less overwhelming. Instead of a big impossible task, it's six steps.

Get letter, get name change, update social security card, send to NY for updated birth certificate, update drivers license, update passport.

That seems so much easier than "change my info with every government agency ever".
    I also wrote out the documentation each agency needs, where to go to do it, and have a folder of the forms I need to fill out.