1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything helps...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by abag86, Feb 14, 2019.

1. abag86

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So im 13 and am struggling with some stuff that I think I have figured out. Still I have questions. I have been told by someone that I am too young to be questioning my gender or sexuality. I have also been told that I can not make these decisions until I am older and grown up.

I don't think this is true (or fair) but am still keeping everything on the low. My family is random and not very open to each other. I do love my family dearly but also don't have the guts to tell them what I am feeling.

I guess I need some help with this. Anything helps.

2. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dear young friend, you are not too young to start questioning your gender or sexuality. I was about 8 or 9 when I first realized that something was wrong with me, that I was attracted to boys in an odd way I did not understand. Many others also had an inkling when they too were younger than you are now. You need to talk about this now. You have not spoken to your parents. If you don't feel comfortable with them, perhaps consider talking to a school counselor? At this time you need people to speak to about the journey of self discovery you are on. But believe me, you are not alone. If you need to talk about things, there are many caring and supportive people here. Feel free to talk to us. And don't worry, you will figure all this out in time. *big smile*

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What he said. I woulda said it. Thirteen is right in the middle of things! Check out the Sexuality, and the Coming Out forms. (Not that you need to come out. Just a lot of good convos there.) Welcome and happy Valentine's Day,

4. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I meant "Sexual Orientation" forums, not "Sexuality" forms. Same difference though. Geez I need to rest my brain, and typing fingers.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I learned I was Bi when I was a 13/14 in Middle school

6. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also 13 and I've been figuring out everything for roughly a year. My whole life I knew I didn't just like guys and it took me leaving Christanity to figure that out. I'm not saying at religion is bad, but after years of it suppressing that part of me, I only feel a little resentment. Anyway, you're not too young to be figuring things out, heck, there are transgender 4-year-olds out there. And, if you ever need it, I'll be here if you need anyone to relate too.( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

7. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, many church leaders have forgotten the message of Christ, whose ministry focused on compassion, healing and forgiveness. Nowhere does the Lord condemn LGBTQ people. We are ALL made in God's image, and that includes you and me! I just hope that you keep faith in a God of love and mercy. Do not let church leaders make you feel sinful or ashamed because of your sexual orientation. God has given you a beautiful gift. Take pride in it! *smile*

8. Opal3115

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m not sure whether I’m straight, (because support you guys), because I really like this girl at my school.

9. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    actually, some straight children do experience gay tendencies during the early teens, but that is very rare these days, and is also generally only in a sexual sense, not in a romantic sense. Also, wait it out, recoming out as another orientation like i did is awkward (i went from bi to gay in like a month), and don't be afraid to confide in a close friend or two, they know more about your situation, and can help you better.

10. eleballena

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    i'm 13 and bi as well. maybe we could be friends? you seem pretty cool.

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only caveat I'd offer here is be absolutely, positively, without-a-doubt sure that the friend you are confiding in will not share your secret with *anyone*. We've had countless stories here of people who confided in a close friend they thought was trustworthy, and who shared the information with a "don't tell anyone but..." warning... and the friend shared it... and pretty soon the whole school knew.

Unfortunately, someone's sexual orientation is prime fodder for gossip in middle and high school, so it's sensible to just give a lot of thought before sharing it.

12. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure! sounds like a fun idea