1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you imagine under the term Feminine guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkWhite, Feb 21, 2019.

1. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

everytime someone mentions a feminine guy I always picture a normal dude with feminine features. Girly face, fitting clothes and smaller, not that masculine, thin figure. However I often see people having in mind someone who dresses and acts more like a girl, also uses makeup etc.

I wonder which possibilty applies to more people or is correct since I do like to think of myself as a feminine guy, however only under my definition. I really wouldn't wanna confuse someone in case my understading is wrong.

Soo yea that's it, thx for your time ^^

2. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't run into feminine guys often. The most feminine guy I met was a gay guy. He had the stereotypical high voice, had makeup on, and had more piercings than most men. Not like he had piercings everywhere, just some spots on his ears. I met him a while ago and that's the best I can remember.

#2 Nightlight, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This:

Untitled.png

(random google picture)

#3 Destin, Feb 21, 2019
  4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think a combination of the two? No idea if its because slim is considered more attractive, giving these guys more confidence, or people associate petite figures with women/femininity. If they look after their figure, that's another possibility.

Like, there are a lot of guys who are naturally thin or with soft features, but that alone doesn't make them "feminine" to me. If they can be mistaken for a woman, or are so gender non conforming as to draw stares, maybe.

Wearing clothing made for the opposite sex, speaking, behaving in a way that's associated with women... although most people have both masculine and feminine traits. I'm thinking of someone on the extreme end.

His mannerisms are, but otherwise dressed like a "normal" guy

5. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would disagree. I've never seen a masculine guy wear booty shorts and strap-boots or whatever those shoes are. His eyebrows have been professionally done and it looks like he's wearing mascara or eyeliner too.

#5 Destin, Feb 21, 2019
  6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah... yeah, I couldn't tell if he was wearing shorts or what, which is why I didn't mention them (hard to tell from his position). Otherwise, that would put him somewhere in the center, by my standards (to society, different story).

7. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would describe a guy as a feminine guy if he has a feminine physical outward appearance, so if he's wearing makeup, nail varnish, has a girly hairstyle, girly clothes etc.

If a guy looks masculine but has feminine movements or behaviors, then I might describe him as being camp rather than feminine. Camp seems to be an outdated term now, but those are my personal descriptions.

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I don't really think too much in those terms. The main thing, for instance, that I think about the picture that was posted is: why would someone pose in that position for a photo?

9. Poofter

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with @Nice Dave But, I also dunno what you’d call a guy who really looks masculine but has a lot of feminine traits like I do. I like the word camp. Hadn’t really heard that before.

10. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hiding his face just enough to hide his identity but you can see enough to know he’s attractive, he’s showing off his assets for sure. Looks like a pic you might see on a hookup app.

11. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Femininity depends on culture, so that’s a really difficult question to answer. But when I hear “feminine guy” my mind goes straight to mannerisms. Stereotypically girly movements, and a fashion sense that’s more associated with girls in American culture.

Again culture plays a big roll. In other countries what we consider masculine or feminine, other countries may not. And our ideas change with the time period.

12. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel like you can be masculine and still be relatively small and lacking in strength, because your appearance is largely down to genetics. So to me a feminine guy would be somebody who overtly acts or dresses in ways that are associated with femininity.

13. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    FB5FB59E-17EE-4751-AF80-099F1CB31759.jpeg

The guy on the left is generally considered masculine while the one the right is more girlish.

97797DF1-F89F-4E37-9D37-1F8A38101B31.jpeg 7EC84078-77C6-4F40-A292-22A17CA75D14.jpeg

Guys with softer facial features, big eyes, long eyelashes and fuller lips? Typically not your run of the mill macho man.

14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I picture guys with more feminine interests and mannerisms, personally.

15. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Do they have to be Asian, too? :joy:

16. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL, NO. I am currently obsessed a Chinese series called Guardian and I like Krist Perawat, the Thai actor. So my gallery is filled with their images. Besides isn’t S.E Asian media, esp Korean promoting the concept of “ soft masculinity” ?

Boyish, youthful and effeminate features are valued more than the “ rugged and ripped red blooded male” look.

17. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would think of personality or behaviour of this person being feminine. That would be my first thought.
    The other thing is called feminine looking guy in my book.

18. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was surprised when I came out that some people said they already knew citing "feminine" traits. I really tried to pass for straight and didn't have any obvious mannerisms. No one was able to pinpoint any one thing that gave me away. My son and sister said that it was a combination of things, love of baking, love of decorating, body shaving etc... Perhaps had I been a beer guzzling, gun toting, unshaved redneck I might have fooled people. Yet, in the end, we cannot truly hide ourselves and perceptive people will pick up on our gay vibes, whether feminine or not.

19. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've noticed a lot of gay guys who consider themselves "masculine" show traits of both, sometimes leaning feminine. Perhaps we're oblivious how we come across to others, or don't want to consider ourselves anything other than masculine?

Anyway... Liberace. Would he fit the description of Camp? He's no Rock Hudson, but neither is he Jeffree Star. I think there are multiple ways to express femininity and masculinity, and what's considered one or the other is going to vary by time, place.

20. smurf

Yes!

Femininity is completely based on perception.

To some guys if you don't play sports, work with your hands doing an honest day work or spend too much time in your appearance then you are feminine. To some people you have to have the clothing and to some people is enough to have smooth hands which means you haven't done real work for a day in your life or work out.

For some people femininity is wearing pink and to some is an academic dude who only reads and can't even hang a mirror on the wall or change the oil in his car.

Its all relative. The funny part is that most guys will hesitate calling themselves feminine because there are other guys who are more feminine than them. But to other people sucking dick is enough to be feminine and submissive. It all up to ever changing standards.