1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StarChaser, Feb 17, 2019.

1. StarChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you use dating websites? What is your experience with them? Would you recommend them or not? Why?

(Please, do not write names of dating websites here because it is against EC rules).

#1 StarChaser, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. photoguy93

I do, although I've never really gone on a date from them. hahah. In theory it's a good way to meet people I guess, but I think that it just perpetuates the online mentality - I've talked to so many guys but as I said, never really met up.

All I can say is, if it gets you to at least talk to people like yourself, what's the harm?

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used one once, many years ago... Experience was not good at all. The only people interested were either creeps, too old, or of a different race than myself. Had only one woman who liked my profile and actually commented on the pictures I put up. But things didn't really progress past that, as I got tired of paying for membership and not seeing results. Maybe I was on the wrong one, but I just don't see the point in signing up again (Even a different one) just to get the same result over and over again. Maybe I'm just full of shit, but I have to work on my self-image and lose all my extra weight first before I will be confident enough to go on one again. I'd rather meet someone face to face and exchanging numbers, etc. There are also pitfalls to that theory though, so I don't know. Maybe I'm destined to remain single? Whatever the reason, I'm not actively looking for a partner, and am still somewhat hung up on my ex. We parted ways many years ago, but I still think about her a lot. She knows where I live and where I work, so I keep on hoping that she'd show up at either place and surprise me. Wishful thinking, I know.

4. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used one once. Contacted a few girls who didn't answer. One girl wanted a hookup but that isn't my thing. Another I got talking to but I felt she lived too far so I broke off the relationship. It was a relatively new app at the time so I went through everybody quickly and then deleted it off my phone.

5. midnighttease

I have used a few, and I have found that many of he guys on there waste your time. Why pay for a membership if you are just going to get blown off by people.

I am I guess a nerd with a big dick, and sadly people see my face pic and block me or ignore me, or tell me that they are not into me. It hurts my feelings to have this happen time and again; but what can I do.

2 weeks ago, I had a HOT hookup with an older gentlemen let's call D. He was all into me, but now some of my messages get received and ignored. That or he responds saying he is busy,

IMHO, I feel like if you had a good time you wouldn't waste time. You'd hook up ASAP as it is hard enough to get a hookup these days. If your not interested anymore just say something.

The other thing is people can only seem to hook ups at certain times and are in "open" relationships and I feel like where I live, it seems like everyone is basically cheating and not being safe.

So for me online sites, and apps have been mostly a waste of time.