1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should probably come out to her :(

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spot, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bleh. Okay. So, there's a girl who likes me...and I kind of like her, I don't know. I'm very cautious because my last relationship ended badly so I don't want to rush into this...I don't actually know this girl, I only met her like 12 days ago and she's a friend of a friend's friend lol. But we went out only yesterday and I thought it was just as like friends or something. I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually want to date me. Tonight though, she texted me and we were talking about going out again but we didn't know what we were going to do. Then, she called it a date and said I could just come over to her place. So, I kind of freaked out because I haven't told her that I'm transgender yet. I haven't even told my best friend and I've known her for years....so I didn't want to tell a girl I've only known for days. She just thinks I'm a butch lesbian or something. And I wanted to tell her when I knew her a bit better...when I knew if I actually wanted to date her or not. I don't know. Does that even make sense? I said I kind of like her...but I don't know if I wanted seriously date her and I wanted to wait until that moment, when I knew if I liked her personality or if we had similar interests. Whatever. I feel like I'm rambling.

I should probably come out to her now, shouldn't I? I feel bad because I left her on read after she said I could come to her place. But I don't know what to say. I haven't come out to any of my family or my best friend. What should I do? I don't know if I should because I don't know what she thinks of trans people and I don't know if she'll tell other people. Should I tell my friend first? And then tell her about all this? I don't know.

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's probably a safer place to start. If youare not experienced and confident in coming out, you probobly shouldn't come out to people you don't know well and are not sure if they are supportive of being transgenger. Their responses have a tendency to be worse, because they care less about you as a person and know less about you as a person.