1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What computer do you have?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by HeFleBiGen, Aug 7, 2018.

1. cgrumms

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Noiceness

2. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Currently using a desktop that I bought used. (Every computer I've ever had, except my first, was used when I got it.) This computer originally shipped with Vista. (Gag!) But that got me a good deal because Vista had such a bad reputation. And I didn't care that there was Vista, since I planned to use Linux, anyway.

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    An HP laptop. That's about all I know about it.

4. xenu

Thinkpad with i5, 16 Gig, 500 Gig HDD/SSD hybrid. Standard onboard video card.

5. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a System76 Gazelle. I got it ordered with an i5-6300HQ with the Intel HD Graphics 530, 8 GB RAM, and a 1 TB HDD/SSD. I've since upgraded it some. It has 16 GB RAM and the same HDD paired with a 1TB NVMe drive. If any of you use Linux, I recommend considering a System76 computer. They're designed for Linux and are of really good quality. My laptop is a little over two years old and I haven't had any serious issues. They're also user serviceable. The only way I'll void the warranty from servicing it is if I replace the motherboard. Every customer support experience I've had has been 10/10 as well.

6. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    O.K, so. Since this thread came up again, and since I wanted to post a picture a while ago and never did, here it is:

Serup Resized.png

Now with lighting to match the keyboard (and speakers, although you can't see those lights from this angle). "Ferrari" is the thing with the stickers stuck to it on the left-hand side (with, you know, the freaking Ferrari sticker on the front), and "Lamborghini" is chilling just off-screen on the right-hand side.

I went with the "Pride" color scheme for this shot, because this is still an LGBT site, so of course I did. I knew what I was doing. :wink:

#46 ThatBorussenGuy, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  7. gayfish96

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet with Libreboot for the boot firmware and Trisquel GNU/Linux for the operating system. It has a 105-key UK keyboard, 8 GB RAM and 160 GB HDD.

8. FunnyBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a MacBook Pro from 2015. Sometimes I want to switch back to PC because there is more versatility, but I prefer Mac's now lol

9. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a Samsung Chromebook. I'm not really a gamer (I have a PS4 that I just got, but I don't have many games for it yet) and I don't need anything fancy, so I picked up this Chromebook in February of 2018 and it does everything I need it to do. I'm pretty happy with it because it's fast and reliable and pretty durable, too.

I used to have a Macbook Pro a long time ago, but one of the keys broke and I spent like five hours replacing the keyboard, which as you may know is no easy task on a Macbook because you have to do it completely upside-down and rip all of the computer's guts out from the bottom to work your way up to the keyboard. Some time after that, the hard drive on the Macbook Pro stopped working and I gave up on it and salvaged it for parts. I decided there and then I didn't want to be the guy who takes apart and puts back together computers anymore because I was good at it in like, 2009 but they've just gotten too complicated these days for me and I just wanted something that works.

So I bought a Chromebook, and it works great, it just does what I want it to do. I think it only has a 30GB hard drive, but that's okay because I don't really download anything on it or save a ton of files. My only problem with it is that Skype isn't fully supported on it, yet, but even that's okay because I have Skype on my phone. The Chromebook is just perfect for me and I'm very happy with it.

10. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have an HP laptop that was brand new in 2017. I think it's a Pavilion? I'm very happy with it; the only thing I've wanted to play that I couldn't was Assassins Creed: Syndicate. I use it for large documents, gaming, and internet.

11. Ten

Ten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve got a custom built workstation with 32 GB of RAM and dual GPUs. It’s a lot, but I use it for graphics rendering and programming. It also doubles as a heater during the winter.