1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other bipolar users?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yayo1, Feb 3, 2019.

1. yayo1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bipolar II here. Diagnosed last year. It’s been a real struggle for a lot of years. Lately, I’ve been depressed after a long manic spell.

I’m trying to fight it off but it can be so much stronger than me. Sometimes my mood gets so black that it scares me :frowning2:

It’s like...when I’m up, I can be on cloud 9 for no reason. I just get high on life...but when I’m down...I can’t function at times.

Just wondering if anyone is going through this, too...

2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m bipolar II as well. Was diagnosisEd last April. Finally it made sense everything I had struggled with. I’ve been doing therapy along with seeing my doctor and finally feel I’m getting a handle on it :slight_smile:

I tend to hide when I’m down! And I’ve been down a while. I stop talking to friends and don’t go anywhere. This with my anxiety causes issues. But then the days I can’t stop, it’s just so much energy and focus I accomplish a ton (these aren’t frequent like several a month). I actually stayed off EC for a while too because of struggling with the depression.

But like I said I’m sleeping better, finally got a handle on my running thoughts. My overall mood is getting better, so I’m hopeful.

I’m sorry you're struggling! You’re defiantly not alone...

3. Chaosbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bipolar I and was diagnosed back in 2012. It's been one hell of ride! If you get on the right meds it can/is a lot easier but the finding the right meds suck! If you feel that dark and down and don't think you can handle it alone you should go see a doctor or to the hospital if need be. Don't do anything permanent in reaction to a temporary problem.

4. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not bipolar but my dad has it, I grew up living with it. I have the upmost respect for people who have it.
    But if I'm honest he was hell to live with. His getting old now but his not much better.
    I get low mood but never diagnosed with anything.
    My daughter is ADHD and high anxiety. I may have passed it on to her through my genes, though my ex wife has moderate to severe depression, she told me this...but now denied it!!! She can't manage without medication.....I believe these mental health conditions run in families but I'm no expert.
    Even my mum has depression, probably caused by living a life time with my bipolar father.
    My dad also tried suicide a number of times, the last time it affected his mind. My dad's no longer there if you know what I mean.....
    As a child I remember visiting my mum and dad in the mental health unit at the same time, just awful for kids to witness....
    My dad had a tragic childhood. His mum was found dead in the bath when he was a child, not sure if it was suicide or died from being drunk, she was a drinker. My dad and his brother then went to live with their Nan who couldn't cope, so they went to a children's home. Then their auntie took them in. But later on my dad witnessed his brother get killed on a motabike so my dad had a horrible start to life.....
    But it impacted on me and my sister as children especially his suicide attempts about four of them......but I have a feeling he told my mum stuff I even don't know of, all I know is that stuff got reveiled
    Jon

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have bipolar II as well. It has been a struggle, but I am glad at least to know what is going on in my head.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bipolar II here. Whenever I look back at my early posts on this site (when I was undiagnosed and unmedicated at age 18) I cringe. I have a million regrets of stupid things I did and people I hurt because of this damn disorder. The hardest thing about getting treated is looking back at the trail of destruction you left, but at least you can live normally and productively going forward.

7. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My therapist and I think I probably had a hypomanic episode a couple of months ago. I'm not diagnosed with anything yet though and I don't know when or if it'll happen. I just want to know what's going on so that I can start fixing it

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was diagnosed with bipolar type II in 2010. It'll be an understatement saying it's one helluva rollercoaster ride! From manic episodes caused by antidepressants, to feeling so low that I was about to slash my wrist, and had to be pinned down and the knife wrestled out of my hand. This was in 2012, and I was admitted to a mental hospital for 10 days. I'm in a better place now though, thankfully.

I'm currently only on mood stabilizers, but one of them is at the maximum dosage, so pretty strong. In all honesty, I'd rather be (hypo)manic than depressed. For the most part, I have "normal" days, so guess the meds are doing their job, lol. People still stigmatize mental conditions unfortunately, and I hate being pitied when someone finds out about my troubles. I've made peace with it, and can talk about it easily and openly, but sometimes I hide it instead, especially if the other person gives me reason to think that they'd be unsupportive/unaccepting.

And yes, I'd like to believe that certain mental conditions are hereditary. That's why I'm still childless at 30 (not married anyway), and plan on staying childless for life. I don't want to have children knowing that there's always a possibility for them to have mental illnesses that was handed down from me.

9. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. Came out during a bad manic episode and overshared stuff about my relationships and sexual experiences. I later deeply regretted it and went back into the closet for several months.

10. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most likely, but it could be another mental disorder. I don't seek or wish for any treatment, though. It helps me a lot when it comes to writing, and I don't want to be changed into a different person.

#10 BlueMonday, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  11. yayo1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A diagnosis won’t change you into a different person. Knowing exactly what the issue is let’s you figure out more clearly how you want to handle it.

12. DreamSky83

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suffer with bipolar 2 and PTSD.

Sometimes it was extremely hard to relate to anyone and there were times where I isolated myself from everyone. Trust me on this~ your not alone on this struggle. I've felt similar things and anytime I was happy, I was so happy that people assumed that I was on drugs and gave me very strange looks by my behavior.

When things got dark for me, I would isolate myself from the entire world and didn't want to speak to anyone.

If you'd like to talk, you can reach out to me if you'd like too.

13. RavenK

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have Bipolar Disorder 2 as well. Messed up my life bad. Usually I was either angry and unable to be calm or literally dead, and between episodes I was always guilty about lashing out and I ended up with depression too. But I'm doing so much better now. I still suffer from anxiety problems and emotional breakdowns but a combination of therapy, medication and support has helped me a lot.

14. anonmember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have bipolar 1, but I manage it well with medication