1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think good looking people are automatically happier?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Destin, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And people get over how good looking you are quite quickly. They see a good looking person and think you must have a lot of interesting and witty things to say. And when they don't get the conversation out of you that they were hoping for, they lose interest. You're expected to have a personality to back up your looks. I'm not saying I've got a shit personality, I just struggle to fit in with certain situations.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good observation, but it can depend on what people will tolerate. Some people will put up with a lot of crap to be with a good looking person. You're also right. When the good looking person has a lousy personality or isn't that interesting, most people will not stick around as long as they thought they might. Just recently, I've seen a couple of situations where you have some very good looking people who are just shier and more reserved than you'd expect. I don't know how that came to be, since it's rare. They're pleasant enough, so there would be no reason to walk away.

3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, a lot of people don't know how to handle a person who is shy or reserved. Being quiet is seen as a negative trait, because you're not joining in as much as everyone else. Some people try to give you a pep talk and tell you not be shy and open up more, but this doesn't help because it really just points out that you're not doing the social thing properly. Imagine how it would feel if someone told you "you're not interesting enough. Please try being more interesting". That's basically what it feels like if someone has a problem with you being shy and reserved.

If I'm the quiet one at a party, I'm not going around telling the loud chatty people to keep it down a bit, so it seems unfair when somebody tells me to try and come out of myself more. I end up feeling insulted and having a lousy time and wanting to go home. thankfully, this doesn't happen to me much these days, because I've gained better self acceptance, so I've become better at handling myself in social situations. But I found it very difficult to deal with when I was younger, because I didn't spend time examining my personality, I just told myself I'm boring and my pretty face only gets me so far before people figure out the truth and move on.

It is true that looks aren't everything.

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think that confidence trumps physical beauty. Confident people will always be treated better no matter their level of physical attractiveness. There is also the tendency of group think in the sense that if your peers think someone is attractive you will think that person is attractive as well.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I see what you're saying. I meant it another way. I'm more of an introvert. I'll go somewhere, socialize for 2 to 3 hours, and then have to retreat into my own private space, such as my car, because I'm maxed out. What I meant is that the unassuming attractive person is more attractive because of their being unassuming. I certainly would not be one asking them to change. They're rare because most really, really attractive people tend to have attitudes, from what I've seen.

6. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. People with an attitude can be draining. Being in a place where people keep bouncing jokes off each other or playing one-upmanship games and don't seem to want to just chat about normal mundane things can be exhausting. I've had people tell me to loosen up in social situations, but if I feel like I have to try hard to impress people or to fit in with a certain crowd, then I can't really be "loose" because I have to think hard about what to say at the right time. I feel much more at ease with people who are laid back and just take me as I am, those people are not only more attractive, they make me feel more attractive because I can be natural with them.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do think it's an adventage, however, not the be all and end all. Being attractive, I mean. Confidence is overrated. There are times when confidence is useful, like when you know for sure you're right. But if you're not, it only makes you an unpleasant person.

8. lil miss hikes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think happiness comes from the inside as cliche as it may sound ... if u don't think much of yourself , or if u grow up wit people putting you down, you will not be happy no matter what you look like. Of course attractive people may seem like they have it easier, but what growth is there when your handed everything? character is what comes from your hardships. attractive people can feel like dirt on the inside.