1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Added my crush on Facebook

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shasta, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    so I added my crush on Facebook. I’m unsure how she’ll respond nor do I know how she feels about me. I don’t know her that well but from her likes and follows we have similar interest. We have talked a few times and she is very complementary of me. But I’m worried about her knowing the real me as I put on this fascade around her. I guess I did I cuz I want her to know I’m interested in being her friend

I’m nervous about her knowing I like women. I have my interested in hidden. I do talk about it though openly on Facebook as I’m working on being myself. Because I’m worried she connect the dots and figure that I like her, but I I get the intuition that she knows. I have complimented her a lot sent her cards made her a shawl so I think she knows

#1 Shasta, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
    beenthrdonetht likes this.
  2. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I forgot to add that she is very complementary of so I think she likes as person. The point of adding her is to hopefully get to know who she really is instead of trying to speculate

3. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met a guy at an event in my city. I didn't know whether he was Pro-LGBT, a homophobe or homosexual himself, but I liked interacting with him. We were in a large group talking together, and I was part of the organizing-volunteer team so I couldn't leave the group and chase after him to ask him for his number. I consoled myself with the fact that we took a lot of group pictures, so I still had his pic :wink:.

I was pleasantly surprised when he sent me a friend request on facebook a week later. I accepted it immediately of course, since he actually hunted me down and added me. We chatted for a few days, general topics mainly, till I put out feelers, asked him about his opinions and thoughts. When I realized he is quite open-minded, I told him I had a crush on him. He laughed if off, said that he gets it a lot, said he's flattered, but that he's straight and isn't looking to date anyway. And that was that.

We still run into each other at events every now and then since he became a volunteer-organizer in the same group I'm in now. We're still cordial and friendly, so I'm happy I was honest about my feelings and that he was cool enough to take it. :slight_smile:.

So who knows? Maybe you can chat and then put out feelers to get an idea about how she feels about LGBT in general and then about you? Just a suggestion.

lookingup9 likes this.
  4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    That’s what I’m hoping for. She hasn’t responded yet she might not be in position to reply to it.

I plan on telling her I like a former manager of mine and seeing how she responds

I think she knows I like her. She may have known I liked before I did because in the beginning I was intimidated by her. Every once in awhile I meet someone that knows I like women no matter how I hide it

I’m also working on moving on I’m hoping to find someone to have feelings for like I do my crush