1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does coming out feel like you're turning into a different person?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Butterfly6, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi again everyone,
    I'm feeling really confused again and not sure what's going on. I feel pretty normal throughout my day until I start questioning my orientation again.

Basically what happens is I could be working and then the thought I wonder if I'm gay comes in. Suddenly my world looks completely different and I have a really hard time recognizing my environment. And I get these urges to run away (now) from my family.

I feel detached from my kids and husband and I feel like my vision is blurry. It's really confusing.

Does this happen to anyone?

outputinput, Brandy Bee and Wan2Luv like this.
  2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was a whole new world when I came out. It is still confusing and it will be for a long time. I have trying to figure this out for the last 11 years

3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't feel like turning into a different person really - more like feeling like you've already been a different person your entire life and now finally see who you've actually been on the inside the entire time.

It's normal though.

Rin311, Litebrite, Brandy Bee and 7 others like this.
  4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say so. But it has given me the opportunity for personal growth - so yeah, I have changed quite a bit.

Drizzle likes this.
  5. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm just confused I guess. I just feel like everytime I think I'd be better off with a woman I start to regret my kids and I feel really distant from them.

I'm bisexual for sure I think. I can see myself with any women. I think all women are beautiful.

I just start to get this blinding feeling when I'm busy and "forget" I like women. It's really weird.

androgynousdog likes this.
  6. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry I meant to say if I get busy throughout the day, my feelings for my family come back.

But then these other feelings come back and I feel like I can't see and I feel like my family is unrecognizable. Then I get anxious.

7. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can tell you it's such a reliving experience I came out lasnight to my wife mom and friend I don't have to hide who I am anymore

Litebrite likes this.
  8. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys I'm not feeling relieved at all. I'm confused as to why my feelings for my family are disappearing and I used to love sex with my husband, now I don't.

Sex feels awkward and when I look at men now they are not appealing at all. These feelings for women are so much stronger than those for males.

And I used to be boy crazy.

9. Dani Cal

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Changes happen. Sometimes it take time before they set in. This is big for you, but that doesn't mean it has to be a scary thing. Sexuality is an amazing aspect of life even though it can be an incredibly bumpy road. I'm sorry you're dealing with such confusion especially under the circumstances. If you're feeling yourself distance from your family and husband, then maybe addressing it with them is important to figure this out. Of course, that's completely your decision though. This is never easy to deal with, but once you figure yourself out maybe things might just start to look up.

10. androgynousdog

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wish i could offer something more constructive. but know that even this is temporary. id advise talking to an lgbt positive therapist on how youd like to proceed

11. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly the same for me except opposite. Was married, divorced and with a long term gf when I started to realize I preferred men. Suddenly women lost all their appeal and started to have problems becoming aroused unless I fantasized about a guy. Finally even that didn’t work and I knew this 100% straight guy had done a180. It’s been over 2 years and I am happily 100% gay in a relationship with a wonderful guy. Like you I would have classified myself as women crazy a little more than 2 yrs ago. Now the idea grosses me out. We all change.

12. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @Butterfly6 I forget, did you ever talk with your ob/gyn about possible hormonal fluctuations?

When coming out/coming to terms with our sexuality, we all go through different phases sometimes back and forth, two steps forward one back or vice versa. There is no set 'right' path for coming out. Take it each day, each moment at a time and relax. Too much stress or overthinking is just going to drive you crazy. Don't make any rash decisions or judgement calls. I know it all seems so 'Urgent' when in the moment. That is when you need to take a deep breath and count to 10, relax, regroup and let your mind calm.

Have you had a chance to find a counselor in your area? If not, it would be a good idea to have one just so they can help bounce ideas around with you so you don't feel all bottled up. There's no shame in needing to talk to someone. If not that, maybe start journaling your thoughts. That way when not stressed you can read through it and maybe help yourself with the answers.

Butterfly6 likes this.
  13. shasha1997

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i came out to family when eleven because my mom popped open my bedroom door when I was cunnilingusing my friend very obviously. I didn't feel any different after confirming to my family i was intimately involved with boys and girls. perhaps age affects how the confession affects you.

14. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it feels like the true inner person has surfaced onto the outta person. It was just deeply hidden, but screaming to get out. He's now out and proud. You change a bit. I like to run, wear tight tops and t shirts, I have more self confidence and people have noticed it!! I'm finally happy, it only took 42 yrs!!!! Light bulb moment....

Dionysios, Wan2Luv and Drizzle like this.
  15. Wan2Luv

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get how your feeling. I started recognizing these feelings a few months ago after something came up in therapy. It was scary and forgot about it when I had a brief sexual encounter w a male friend. Since the holidays I’ve been exploring my feelings more and I feel as if an emotional wrecking ball is hitting me and sometimes I start crying. My profile has been posted on an online dating site but I have no interest in meeting any men yet I haven’t taken it down. It’s as if I’m caught between two worlds and don’t know what to do. I’m realizing how much our sexuality makes us who we are, which is why I feel I’m being pushed into an unknown stratosphere.

I am single so I don’t have the issue with a family, which I’m sure makes dealing with this more complex.

Butterfly6 likes this.
  16. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've talked to my doctor and they offered meds in case I need them. I just feel like I'm a rollar coaster ride. I have so many new thoughts that I'm not used to at all, I'm having trouble holding everything together.

I also feel very boyish. It's just really hard, I feel like I'm turning into a brand new person. I keep thinking about dating women, my arousals are changing and it's just very confusing.

Still love my husband but these thoughts are so much stronger.

Wan2Luv likes this.
  17. Wan2Luv

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What was the turning point for you? That got you to start realizing

18. Butterfly6

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had another baby 2 months ago and everytime I had time on my hands. I'd wonder if I'm actually a lesbian, so I came on this site feeling obsessed and all the emotions started spilling out. All of a sudden women look sexual to me though I've thought about being in a relationship with another woman, It's now a strong desire.

The world looks so different to me now. This has happened 2x before but it mellows out when I go back to work. But now it just seems so much stronger than before. I feel really lost and scared.

I dont feel womanly at all. I've always known I had some feelings for women but I didnt know they were this strong.

19. androgynousdog

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dont feel womanly? as in questioning gender or just--feeling smth else?

20. Brandy Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep.