1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OUT Magazine for the new generation

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by smurf, Jan 10, 2019.

1. smurf

Something that I have been waiting for is for the new generation of queer people to start getting into positions of power. This will be one of the first queer generations that have only known a fairly accepting landscape.

OUT magazine named Phillip Picardi as the magazine's new editor-in-chief. This guy is freaking great and I cannot wait to see their first issue.

"Picardi is known for his work as chief content officer at Teen Vogue, where he shifted focus from fashion and celebrity to gender equality and social justice themes, helping bring their traffic from 2 to 12 million unique monthly visitors in two short years."

"Picardi’s larger goal is to step away from Out’s identity as focused only on gay men, a strategy that at one time drew more advertisers amid a wider cultural focus on marriage equality.

And he wants to differentiate the magazine with its slate of editors and contributors — people who reflect the wide diversity of the queer community. They also bring their own following to the publication from their past experience and other projects."

Exciting times for more queer content that is focusing on diversity and great storytelling. Great times are coming! :slight_smile:

2. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cool, wish there was an european magazin here that you can
    just buy at the store and the subscription(order?) isn't just online.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember back in the day, before the merger with the Advocate, when OUT was basically GQ for gay guys--which I always thought begged the question: if OUT is GQ for gay guys, who is GQ for?

4. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]

But seriously, that is a good question... Anyone have any idea?

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Metrosexual straight men? :thinking:

6. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe its different where you are at, but 95% of the "Metrosexuals" I have met (that actually identify as such) are just closeted gay/bi men, and the others were shallow trust fund babies obsessed with themselves and see clothes as a materialistic good to collect...

I've never seen the appeal of being into fashion so I'm not well versed in the industry, but does Vogue/ OUT! actually think that a gay social justice warrior version of GQ has a large enough of an audience to stay afloat? The SJW narrative and media has been dying since 2016. I guess you can't blame them for trying, Vogue has been failing so they have try something... I just don't think that doubling down on the narrative that is making them fail is a good business decision.

Has anyone else noticed that "diversity" such as the way it is used in this thread has become redefined by progressives as racial/melanin diversity without any actual intellectual or ideological diversity? Reading most self proclaimed "diverse" magazines today is like being in a group circlejerk of Trigglypuff's.

[​IMG]