1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News US: Michigan bans LGBT discrimination, without religious exceptions/loopholes

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Kira, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see many articles on this popping up just yet, but apparently the state has just thrown discrimination against us out in official jobs and services... and for once, without a backdoor to nullify it.

While I do not live in Michigan we've clearly been starving for progress in recent times and I wanted to share good news for once. I'm happy for our members and friends within the state!

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/01/mi...contractors-order-has-no-religious-loopholes/

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I heard about that Monday when she signed it and was excited that it's one of the very first things she decided to do after going into office. It's nice to see Michigan moving in a good direction for us LGBT citizens here after being run by dumbass Snyder for 8 years. I think Gretchen will continue to do great things like I figured she would when I voted for her. Not to mention we have a lesbian attorney general as well so everything is looking up. :heart_eyes: