1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online gender therapy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kibi12, Jan 3, 2019.

1. kibi12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

Does anyone know a good source for online gender therapy? I'm living in a foreign country at the moment where I don't speak the native language.

An explanation: Inside I know I'm male, but I've wanted to sort of just ignore it, accept that people are going to see me as a female. In a way I thought it would just be easier but things that are normal cause so much stress now. Distress? It's building up, and I've been having recurring thoughts of self-harm a lot so it's really starting to beat me.

Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

2. FortyTwo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't tried this service, but I did come across it when I was looking for options for therapy. It's called Pride Counseling. Looks like it's pay-as-you go and can be done over the phone or Skype.

It comes with some caveats. It looks like the therapists there aren't able to make official diagnoses or write prescriptions. They have an FAQ, so I would check that out.

3. kibi12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks FortyTwo, I’ll look at their website. I was also able to find a therapist in my home country that does Skype counselling too. At this point it’s alright if they can’t make an official diagnosis or offer prescriptions. I think I just need to talk to someone and take it from there.

Thanks for your help.

FortyTwo likes this.