1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Self Care Tips?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CactiCat, Dec 28, 2018.

1. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently came to the realization that my self care is completely garbage. I never eat healthy, wear the same clothes multiple days in a row, and never take time to let out some stress. The amount of stress I have from school is actually causing physical problems in my legs. So basically, what can I do? I’ve tried to start washing my face, but honestly that’s a little difficult. Where do I start?

2. Dani Cal

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can start with something easy. A bath. It's a nice way to relax yourself from stress, calm your body, and wash yourself. Epsom salt helps to ease pain when you bathe with it. As for the clothes, you can mix it up a bit. I'd suggest maybe going shopping for something that just fits who you are. A clothing item that catches your eye may catch you by surprise, you never know what to expect. I recently shopped for myself on a budget and got clothing that suited me that I hadn't realized before. Finally, for eating. This has always been a struggle for me, I used to binge when I was stressed, and then for the past 3 years of my life I gained an eating disorder by trying to better myself. Eating is more personal than we imagine. What I can suggest is portioning your meals right, and having snacks every other day. This can keep you feeling good about yourself and still being able to enjoy what you like.

3. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I’ll try to do some of these things.

Dani Cal likes this.