1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you spend your birthday?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chierro, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, today is my birthday (I turned 22!) and the day has consisted of sleeping in, working on assignments and projects due this week, and then dinner and presents with my family later. My friends haven't really ever done anything for my birthday, so for me it's typically just my family (and texts and Facebook posts from people I literally haven't spoken to in years). I've gotten used to this being my typical birthday. It's also unfortunate timing in college since my birthday falls right in the finals time frame.

How do you guys typically spend your birthdays? With family? Friends? Party?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Every year I go for dinner with my family. We used to do gifts, but the last 5 (7?) years we mutually decided that nobody gets anything for anything their birthday - Its easier that way aha.

I haven't had a party or big social gathering for my bd such I was 12. Typically I didn't even get together with any friends, but the last two years I've hung out with bf/a couple of friends. But its more like a typical hang out, nothing special.

Happy Birthday and welcome to the 22 club :slight_smile:

#2 HM03, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Multiple parties usually. The people I know are too different and putting them at the same party wouldn't end well (like parents + hardcore partier college friends wouldn't end well). Usually ends up being one party from family in the morning, one from high school friends in the afternoon, and one from college friends at night so we can go clubbing too. It helps that my birthday is the middle of summer where nobody has class or much else to do also.

Happy Birthday, I too welcome you to the exclusive 22 club!

4. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Similar situation, my birthday falls in the middle of finals as well. Since I'm in professional school now, I typically spend the entire day studying and either try to have dinner with my fiance at night or she brings me dinner at the library lol. Then on the weekend once finals are done I try to hang out with friends that are still in town. Something very small, maybe a few drinks and grill some burgers or something. I don't really care for big events for my birthday.

5. MichaelH

MichaelH Guest

It has been a long time since I celebrated my birthday, it is no big deal to me. As far as I'm concerned, everyday is everyone's birthday; everyone is one day older than yesterday.

6. LittleLamb

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't really do anything exciting for my birthday. I don't have any friends and many members of my family and I aren't really on speaking terms and I never have money to do anything fun. I normally buy lunch and a cake so I guess there's that. But yeah my birthday is very pathetic and lame compared to others.

7. Loves books

Never really had friends, we moved a lot when I was young and I couldn’t break in to the established friend groups so only my family was ever involved. I get nothing from my siblings who both have jobs. Since we were kids I get to pick my favorite meal for dinner. I get a present from my parents, I asked for runners for my previous birthday. My birthday is early January and it’s now mid December and I still haven’t got my present yet. My birthday was always the day school started back after the Christmas holidays. For my 21st my uncle threw me a surprise party in a restaurant. All my aunts and uncles were in attendance ( no cousins the6 are all 10+ yrs older than me and had better things to do). I raked in the cash so it was okay.

8. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Drinking alone, here's to another miserable year.

9. LaneyM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Chierro mine have been about the same since I moved away from my hometown. This year I'm interning at a school so no one knew it was my birthday and I was fine with that, lol.

10. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dinner and a movie with my dad.

11. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sleep in. Have pizza in bed while watching my favorite movie.
    Then pretty up and dinner with family in my favorite restaurant.

12. Mitsusushi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't do much for my birthday. It falls a few days after Christmas, so it's sort of everything at once for me. I usually go out to dinner with my family, and it's also a joint birthday dinner, as my mother's birthday is two days after mine, so we'll go out to eat once and celebrate both. My mother will usually give me my gift in the morning when I wake up, then it's just answering birthday texts and social media posts throughout the day. Then dinner and cake. Nothing exciting.

However this year, I am getting a late birthday present. I will be seeing the Impractical Jokers/Tenderloins stand-up tour in January. I wanted to go and see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway, but those ticket prices were outrageous! Plus getting to New York would be a hassle, so I picked a show closer to home that I know I'll enjoy just as much.

#13 BothWaysSecret, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  14. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chierro...happy birthday.....hope yr day was what you wanted....

I'm not really that bothered on birthdays. Next yr I will be 44 and this has a bit of a ring about it. It's weird I know but im looking forward to it. This isn't me really but coming out has made me a different person.
    Hopefully I will at least have a regular casual partner and will share it with him....

15. Reviskova

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i do not care about how my birthday goes, as long as i have some poutine for dinner with some red velvet cake too. :yum:

(spending time with family is nice too, though)

16. Melancholy

Melancholy Guest

I concur. I don't have any friends, or a family I like enough to 'celebrate' with.

#16 Melancholy, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2018
  17. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This past year I turned thirty so naturally I spent the entire afternoon with family at a kid’s arcade elbowing children to play games, then dinner and a movie. Same thing I did for my birthday a lot growing up! It was my favorite birthdays. My step dad would take me to that arcade, then to a corn dog stand in the mall and the movies. He passed the week before my birthday the previous year so it was bitter sweet... but perfection!

18. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My birthday has been a sensitive issue over the years filled with guilt and shame (I was actually near death or dead for a period of time during my delivery)
    from an existential standpoint
    I’m slowly learning to not only accept it but embrace it as a part of who I am

19. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent this years working and thenngoing out for dinner with friends and my twin sister. Sure beats last year when I was in the Psych ward