1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I'm screwed.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by CathyMia, Nov 16, 2018.

1. CathyMia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey y'all,
    I was rejected last night by this cute redheaded girl that wanted to hook up. Feeling pretty defeated ATM.
    I'm newly out as gay and I just left a long term relationship with a man.
    I am positive for HSV type 2. I contracted when I lost my virginity in a less than consensual way.
    Before I was out my ex was the first person willing to date me after learning my status.
    The worst part is the virus isn't a big deal it's the stigma around it. I'm asymptomatic so its not a major part of my life. Always being rejected hurts though. I just wish more people actually knew about herpes and it was less stigmatized.
    Being gay my dating pool has already shrunk a lot, but being gay and positive. I feel like I'm going to be alone forever.
    I guess I'll end this with some herpes fun facts:
    56% of the population has type 1
    1 in 5 adults in the US has type 2
    It goes undiagnosed in many people because it's not usually screened in general STI tests and gynecologists will generally dissuade asymptomatic individuals from being tested because of the stigma and it's only serious complication would be risk of exposure to infants (eg pregnant and positive).
    Well I'm thoroughly depressed lol

2. YesHomo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People can be ignorant about things like this, and I'm very sorry it's effected your relationships. All I can say is that there are people out there who are super chill and will love you no matter what your status is. There is a stigma, in gay communities especially, because of all the fear mongering surrounding homosexuality and STIs and STDs. This will change with time as people become more educated, but I am sincerely sorry this happened to you.

CathyMia likes this.
  3. CathyMia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people