1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you're single, why do you think so?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lovetoomuch, Dec 9, 2018.

1. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Another one:

I always have crushes on straight guys lol

2. thexboxguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    1.- Some confidence/self-esteem issues.
    2.- I have to love myself before anyone else can love me and I feel I don't love myself enough.
    3.- There are some issues I need to sort out such as hypochondria, OCD and anger issues as a result of growing up in a dysfunctional family and being bullied from elementary school to high school and even in my last couple of semesters in university, too. So I don't plan on having a relationship until I'm mentally healthy or at least better.
    4.- I don't put myself out there too much.
    5.- I'm very picky when it comes to dating.
    6.- Because the people in the city where I live is somewhat conservative, there are no gay bars, LGBT organizations/clubs or groups and I'm even very reluctant to go on dating sites.
    7.- I'm a pretty complicated person with a fairly strong personality due to the abuse I suffered I suppose, which seems to be a turn off for many people.
    8.- Lastly one of my top priorities right now is find a decent job in order to become independent and have my own source of income.

#42 thexboxguy, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  3. gaynonsense

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    - I'm stuck on this guy who can't like me back. Gotta love falling for the straight guys.
    - I have issues with depression and anxiety (moreso the depression) and have a rather hard time getting out and making friends and meeting people.
    - Most people mistake me as straight, so any gay dudes that might be interested have likely looked the other way.
    - As much as I want a relationship, I fear one. I have gotten to this point where I'm afraid to lean on someone as much as a relationship would require of me.
    - I am from a smaller town so the gay population is rather small, and with that, most men who are openly looking for anything are much older. I do, however go to college, so I'm usually exposed to a larger population.

I suppose that's mostly it. I want a relationship, but I have some stuff I need to work out first :/

4. CanadianRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am still not ready to fully come out and I think it is not fair to a partner when you are not completely out, so I have stayed away from any commitments. I am also working through my own issues, which I need to resolve first. I was seeing someone a couple years ago, it is a long story, but I got pretty hurt by it in the end. Only really starting to face these issues now. I often use work or exercise as a way to distract from reflecting and healing.

5. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ~ trust issues (just realized this one honestly and a little shaken by it)
    ~ want a chance to be me happily before I have a label or responsibility to be something for someone else
    ~ very self conscious about how I look (feel like I need to be able to look in the mirror and say, “I’d do me” before I even try and put myself out there)
    ~ not many options here in Podunk USA