1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming to terms with my orientation...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by searchin, Dec 16, 2018.

1. searchin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since I have been super honest with my husband it's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and yet at the same time all of this other emotional baggage has been added on: shame, anxiety, guilt. Yet at the same time, excitement and peace within. Right now, he told me he will do whatever he can to support me and wants me to know that he loves all of me. Oddly enough, I think all of this is making us closer. I am at the point, now I told him where I am simply reading information and starting to talk to people in the community. I already see a counselor, so when I see her in a few weeks I will increase my frequency with her for the time being. My goal right now, is embracing my bi identity and hopefully just starting with making friends and supports in the LGBT community. What is clear and what I told him is that, I love him, I don't want to hurt him because I know what we have works. All it will take right now is patience and finding our new norm. No one else has to be happy with it but us. Change is hard and painful but necessary for growth.

#1 searchin, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Elle993, Meander and androgynousdog like this.
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Sounds like you (as a person, and as a couple) are on a good path. It is great when couples can share honestly and be vulnerable with each other and discover the rewards of trust and love through that.
    Don’t be surprised if he has different emotional reactions from time to time. This might feel like a big shift, and be a little like a roller coaster. Or not. Reminding him you love him and want to be with him should help (I speak from my own experience), since he can’t read your mind.

searchin likes this.