1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made a mistake (help?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Blueline, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Blueline

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I hate to trouble with these posts, but I need some help/advise. Now, I don't do this often at all, maybe my 2nd time so please don't judge.

Just last night I had a ###### hook up. Yeah, I know bad.. He told me his status was negative and was just tested about 3 weeks ago. Well, we blew each other, and he ejaculated into my mouth and I swallowed. When I got home and brush my teeth, I normally brush all over my mouth. My tooth brush touched my tonsils and I saw a bit of blood. Idk if it is tonsillitis or whatever. Am I at any risk at all for hiv or anything? Please be serious, I'm very concerned. I dont mean to sound like a Yahoo question...

2. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, don’t ever feel bad about posting questions here or asking for advice. That’s why EC is here :slight_smile: second there is no reason to judge. Doesn’t matter if it was the first time or the 100th you’ve used an app for that! Hook ups aren’t bad, as long as you do them smart. Which seems like you talked about y’alls status, and that is always important. (Things like someone knowing you’re going out, meeting in public, knowing who you’re meeting, etc. also important).

Now there is always a risk with sex, but the risk go down with oral (though still there). Although there is no point in saying it, I’m going to say it. Don’t panic. You can go to the health department and get tested. Some things will show up (though very unlikely I’d guess here) before others. So you’d have to repeat the test in a couple weeks, and then again in several months. But getting tested is a good idea always. If they don’t offer, ask them to swab your mouth and throat. In the future you can always use condoms, some people use it for oral too.

3. Blueline

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for making me feel comfortable. I'm just concerned I had some kind of cuts or issues with my tonsils before hand. Lol I had the same problem with my tonsils a long time ago, but never noticed it till I brushed.

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From what you are telling us, it seems more likely that have damaged your tonsils or the soft tissue within your mouth with the brushing action. Was there any sign of blood when you brushed your teeth earlier in the day (presumably in the same way)?

Oral sex is generally low risk, but for certainty and peace of mind, it would be a good idea to take a test yourself. I actually recommend regular testing to every member of this forum, even if you are (like me) in a completely monogamous relationship. It's just a good idea and better to know your status. I was tested earlier this year and I will probably take another test around the same time next year.

I'mStillStanding likes this.
  5. smurf

Nothing wrong with a hook up and you did great having a conversation about it all. Hope you enjoyed your night despite the fear at the end :slight_smile:

HIV is not a concern when it comes to HIV so you should be good.

Like everyone else said take a deep breath, figure out where to get tested just so you can get comfortable with getting tested regularly (every 6 months is enough), and try to enjoy the journey of it all. You are fine :slight_smile:

6. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    See I’m a every so many months or every so many miles kinda guy... you know which ever comes first lol