1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ive got a girl crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by speakeasy, Dec 17, 2018.

1. speakeasy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey everyone! i have a bit of a problem.
    There's this friend ive gotten close to over the year. we've known each other for a while but just started to interact more because of a similar friend group. She and i have a lot in common, since we're both class officers we interact a lot. and we've been seatmates for a few months. I've really developed a crush on her. Which should be ok, i've long identified as bisexual and this isn't anything new. but i keep wondering if she isn't straight and likes me back? When we go out, she certainly has that lesbian aesthetic with flannel and doc martens. She's talked about finding girls attractive before. She's also the captain of our volleyball team and is usually intimidating and cold. But she gets really affectionate with me: hugging me, holding hands and calling me sweetie (and other terms of endearment) all the time?? Of course i reciprocate because im attracted to her but i just wanna know if I actually have a chance with her or if im reading too much into her actions. Should i back off and try to get over her? She doesnt know im bisexual although ive dropped hints in the past. any advice would be great, thanks.

2. Lari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Best advice i can give: communicate. Bring up a dating related topic in conversation and see if she's open to talking about her own sexuality. Don't make a big deal of it and don't press the subject but rather keep it informal and friendly, see how she responds and go from there.

3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, if I had a cute friend who was giving so many (positive!) signs, I would either 1) do nothing and go crazy, or 2) ask her out. Before someone else did.

speakeasy likes this.
  4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you told her you are bi? Sometimes coming out directly will get the other person to feel comfortable themselves. I've had the good luck of coming out to friends I made in college who later came out as gay, even though I didn't know back then.

speakeasy likes this.
  5. speakeasy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thanks for all the advice! Just a rant she cuddled me today and said she was going to miss me when we go off to college. My gay heart cannot handle her dkdjkzls this is really immature but wow i love girls wth

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  6. Lari

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww that's so adorable!

7. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's your "in" for asking her out. You want to cement your friendship before you (temporarily?) part ways. Oh and yes it is adorable.

Drizzle and nebraska jones like this.