1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idk if this is normal lol

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SamCha, Dec 12, 2018.

1. SamCha

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if this is normal, but whenever I feel less feminine and more non-binary, even though I don't feel like a dude, I tend to wear more masculine clothes...? Idk bruh

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clothing and gender expression doesn't really mean anything tbh. I have lesbian friends who only wear men's clothes but it has nothing to do with their gender identity, they're still women. Just do you, wear what you feel comfortable in.

3. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe it’s an internal way of affirming yourself and how you feel. Although I agree with Aberrance, it also depends on the individual. Societally at large, expression and internal sense of identity are generally separate, but they are still mutually exclusive and can overlap for some people. What I mean is.... for some it doesn’t matter and the two don’t relate, but for some they do because how you dress is just a way of expressing how you feel.

I frequently dress more masculine or feminine depending on how I am feeling, but other times I don’t, and sometimes I just straight up do the opposite because I love androgyny. You can’t help it that you were raised to associate certain behaviors/styles of dress with men or women, and maybe playing into how you know others will be able to read that too is using those gendered clothes to express how you feel inside maybe in hopes that you’ll read or “pass” more towards at least something other than a woman. I only guess that because that’s what I do sometimes. If I dress more like a guy, maybe I’ll be less likely to be assumed a woman.

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I rarely ever feel totally masculine, even though I am a natural male. I feel either feminine or in-between. I dress masculine, though I do paint my nails and carry a purse. The times I feel less feminine, and more unsure are times that I am generally unhappy. I don't know if I'm unhappy because I'm unsure of my gender standing, or vice-versa.