1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling discouraged and rejected

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RavenTheRat, Nov 24, 2018.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey all,
    I don’t know if this is some kind of recent trend or if I just never noticed, but I feel like all over social media now there are binary trans and gay people just dragging non binary people through the mud. Like the whole ‘it’s LGBT, no plus, that’s just it’ and not considering NB to be part of the T... idk I just see it all the time now and it makes me feel sad. I don’t know why I’m so desperate for the validation of these random people on the internet but I am. And even though I know that I am not my gender for attention (I barely ever talk about it, nobody really knows simply because I don’t find it important) I let these people berate me and I don’t know why.
    I guess I’m upset because I feel like there’s a sudden resentment for NB people in the community. Maybe it’s just me.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Raven.....I really do hope that you are wrong. The LGBTQ+ Family has gone through hell over the years and we certainly don't need to start treating our family like the straight world has. When I've gotten into conversations about NB people (doesn't happen very often), My comment is "How can anyone else ever know how another person feels/perceives themselves?" We can only know what they tell us. It's absolutely arrogant for person #1 to tell person #2 that the way person #2 perceives their sexuality and/or gender is wrong. Unless you can read minds, there is no way that you can really tell how someone else views themselves.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

RavenTheRat and Hawk like this.
  3. azgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think people are over complicating the whole gay thing with all the pronoun, multiple genders and so on. Who can keep up with it all. Then all this binary and non binary stuff jeez this lifestyle is getting to be a mess. I don't understand any of nor do I want to have go through training to get liad so I don't say the wrong word. Take me back to the 80's please.

Lone Wolfe likes this.
  4. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had to chuckle, I don't get most of it either anymore. I just keep quiet and listen to see if somebody will explain things so this old fart can understand. When I came out, it was just boys or girls, gays or straights. Anything else was so much in the closet that nobody ever heard about it. I'm open minded, but also uneducated on the new labels.

MichaelH likes this.
  5. azgayguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got to the point where I don't care about not using the wrong word to describe someone, If I piss them off oh well guess I am not going to bed with them. I love girls with a penis but they are so damn confusing.

Lone Wolfe likes this.
  6. smurf

The cool thing about the internet is that you can curate your content. If these comments are popping up in your feed then delete them. Seriously, block them and go follow kick ass nonbinary people who are creating the world they want to see.

Back to understall sex, no same-sex marriage and gay sex being illegal? All because you are a bit confused and annoyed that some people are fighting for their own rights? Come on now :slight_smile:

Ask away!

Probably not on this thread since the OP is asking for help because they feel disrespected and your guy's comments aren't helping, but if you have questions or want to learn make a thread on this forum. I'm more than willing to answer any and all questions you may have if you post on my profile.

If you like videos, here is a good start: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7SgbxvTR7N5-jYeT2Coj99qnRQTIArKP&disable_polymer=true

RavenTheRat likes this.
  7. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    True, but I suppose it just disheartens me because even though I follow such people, they get the same hate- seems like I can’t escape it, not even here anymore, judging by the other responses I got...

8. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really hate to break this to you, but trans people existed in the 80’s too. Not to be rude, but trans people don’t ‘complicate the whole gay thing’, because being trans is totally different from being gay...

9. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This forum is a great place to start :slight_smile: I know it was the first place I came when I entered the community and there’s so many nice and helpful people on here willing to answer any questions. It’s great