1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the funniest educational video you had to watch at School?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes educational PSA's can be downright so ridiculous that it's actually quite amusing. :laughing:

I remember watching one on the topic of giving birth, and the dialogue was just...something else.

Also there was this part of that video where the narrator mentions that only males masturbate, so er...weird thing to include. Inaccurate as well.

Then there was also this fire safety one with gems such as; "Do not attempt to fight the fire, or hide from it" and "Go to a friend's house to use their landline, or find the nearest phone box".

Well, using that logic, I'm gonna lose most of the house to the fire if my friend doesn't live close. Also, these days it's much easier to just use your mobile phone rather than trying to track down a phone box. I've never even used a phone box in my life.

That's the problem with a lot of school resources, they are sometimes hilariously outdated due to spending costs. Some of the materials my dad used at school were the same ones I had to use. At least it made PSA's interesting, because we got to see what certain decades were like. However, the teachers weren't too impressed when they'd have to keep stopping to explain what certain terms mean, or correcting certain facts that are no longer true, or "*Teacher cringes* Yeah, this hasn't aged well and this part is slightly offensive, so just um please take this with a grain of salt children :face_palm:" .

One time in business studies they showed us an old PowerPoint on successful businesses, but rather ironically all the success stories were of companies that later went bankrupt. Apparently my sister watched that same presentation at school, and they intended to update it then (five or more years before I was shown it) but since they had all the same companies on that slide they clearly hadn't got round to it. Chances are it's still the same now. :laughing:

2. InStandbi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably the John Green world history video on the mongols, where it talked about how they were stupid because they chose to wander rather than skoodilypooping or something like that. It was weird.

3. Loves books

I was shown an abstinence video which was some woman on a stage in an American high school who would list off STDs at various times while telling us not to have sex. Meanwhile in biology class we saw stuff like a close up of a guys crotch from the side and watching it getting erected. Then we had the lovely view of a baby being born. It was traumatizing.

4. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't really remember any of them except the Schoolhouse Rock videos. One time in college we watched an episode of The Simpsons. Does that count?

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In freshman year health class, half of the days we’d watch Intervention as a lesson on drug and alcohol abuse, which is what got me hooked on that show (no pun intended). One day we watched Allison’s episode, the girl addicted to inhaling computer duster who famously said through her drug haze “It’s like I’m walking on sunshine!” It was disturbing for some of us, but hilarious for others.

6. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Magic. Star. Traveler.

"In The Beginning" is a fun episode attempting to reconcile evolution and creationism.

#6 UMedusa, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. CactiCat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    THE video. It was actually kind of funny

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun: