1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissatisfied

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by SevnButton, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The grass isn't always greener if you do leave.....at least at first....I miss my kids and knowing she's happy with her boyfriend doesn't make it any easier.... I just know eventually it will be better. I don't feel ready to date yet. I moved to a small flat but am already looking to get a bigger place for my kids. It's been three weeks since I felt. I don't know why but this week has been difficult emotionally, feel like crying . But I'm seeing my counselor tomorrow thank God.
    You would all miss your kids and your wives could move on quickly and it hurts seeing them with new partner's knowing their getting lots of sex.....

2. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @heythere1971 , I often cringe remembering times that I picked on other kids is school. Not that it's excusable , but it just seems to be one of the awful things humans do to each other, especially children. A few years ago I reconnected with a woman I had taunted in 7th grade, and I was able to apologize. It turned out that she didn't even remember it.

Have you apologized to your step-brother? My perspective, for whatever it's worth, is that it wouldn't imply coming out, but just an acknowledgement that what you did was wrong, and that with that realization you will become a better person.

I hope you're doing well.

=Sevn

3. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have an initial appointment with the LGBT counselor tomorrow. He has a set of forms that he asks his clients to complete. I went through all of the forms yesterday. Now I'm feeling excited and hopeful, but there's also this feeling of, "What the f*** am I doing!!!???".

I'm out to my wife, but I'm a long, long way from being open. This morning I was being silly and talking like Sylvester Cat. My wife joked that I should see a speech therapist. I wanted to say, "No, because this is who Sylvester Cat is, and that's not going to change!".

The real me is right below the surface, excited and afraid. Can't put the genie back in the bottle. What the f*** am I doing
    ?

Drizzle likes this.
  4. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Self discovery can be both scary and fun. Take it how you want it to be.

5. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The fun part is the hope that I can find more joy and meaningful relationships by discovering and truly being the person I am. The scary part is the threat to the status quo.

Drizzle likes this.
  6. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, no doubt, I would miss my family terribly if i were to leave. I really hope it doesn't come to that. But sometimes I wonder if my wife could find happiness with someone who could take care of her needs better than I do, and I wonder if eventually I'd be happier too. @Rade, I hope you've had a chance to have a good cry, and that you're on the upswing now.

7. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm feeling better, it was a wobble, I haven't fully cried in yrs. I can start but can't keep it going. Though a full cry session I know for a fact would make me feel alot better. It's part of letting the emotions go. The last time as far as I can remember was in 2000 at my grandad funeral......Hearing the Christmas music in the stores makes me sad, knowing this yr it will be different. Though I did yesterday go after work and start shopping for my kids....
    I hope you and your wife find your paths forward ad I think in another thread you said you seeing a new counselor today.....
    Better get ready for work.
    Hugs Rade/Jon

SevnButton and baristajedi like this.
  8. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I’m just reading through all of this thread. How are you doing sevnbutton? How’s everything holding up at home now?

SevnButton likes this.
  9. LaneyM

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well said. I hope you've been doing better. Keep talking when you need to, we're always here to listen.

SevnButton likes this.
  10. heythere1971

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Appreciate the advice. I have not directly appologized, we live states apart and it's a hit more complicated than just this one issue. We did reconnect a bit at a family reunion but it was mostly just mutual acknowledgment that we have both grown wiser through age. I was particularly more willing to show support for him though, a side he never saw from me. Food for thought though, how to word such a letter. I like the idea and perhaps not today will start thinking that process through. My point of mentioning though is just that experience opens our eyes. Where I was babtist raised I was as a boy totally closed to the idea that it was natural. Over the years personal experience proved me immature, even after first experimentation I hid behind that homophobia. Perhaps if I protested loud enough, no one would learn my secret? Well, only in the last 5 years have I totally came out to myself, accepting it was more than sexual experimentation. I am gay. It took self awareness to get there. Self acceptance. Generationally things have changed. I can admit openly I support gay rights, where even 20 years ago, if one did you outed yourself. So no, it doesn't make me brave, just made it easier to start making amends for my small world view. Again, was just trying to say, we aren't alone. I know I am not the only person to hide a evil secret by accusing others, or trying to deflect because of cowardous. I was in now way bragging of my abhorant behavior...I guess just trying to be open to others, though it obviously offended one at least.

SevnButton likes this.
  11. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @heythere1971 , I get it. I'm just now starting to see how I hide. Mostly I interact with people on a need-to-know basis. I don't do Facebook. To keep the secret, you do whatever you need to do.

12. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My emotions are raw. It's like I'm simultaneously ecstatic and despondent. This morning the ring tone on my wife's phone, just a simple melody, almost made me cry. This is a time of fear, healing, and transformation.

Yesterday my wife and I went out for an evening cup of tea. It didn't go well. My wife was in tears and we left. I think she feels much of the same fear I feel, but not the elation.

13. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like it's really tough on both of you....alot of emotional stuff going on...
    Christmas seems to trigger me and I'm not an emotional person. I think I'm slowly letting go of my ex marriage and the emotional feelings and stupid things bring tears is part of letting go....

14. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Big hugs, @Rade! Letting go seems to be necessary to make room for new opportunities. Letting go has alway been really hard for me.

Rade likes this.
  15. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I've struggled so bad to let go, the thought of my ex and him in a physical relationship was hard for me, but I think I've let go now. It's their life....I'm accepting it but don't want to be around them when they are together, I keep away. He comes with her to collect the kids some times and that's enough for me.

16. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, in about 3 hours I'm going to be with a counselor, and will say face-to-face, out loud to another person, "I'm married to a woman, I have 4 kids, I'm living a hetero-normative life, and I'm sexually attracted to men. Face-to-face, out loud, to another person.

LaneyM and baristajedi like this.
  17. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be empowering and may make you feel good. I sometimes say it out loud.
    I think you said your wife is aware, mine just ran for the hills....

SevnButton likes this.
  18. baristajedi

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Big hugs, I’m sure it will be emotional, hopefully it will feel like a relief and a step that brings strength too <3 it’s so valuable to have an lgbt counsellor you can share this with, I’m so glad you’re making this step.

SevnButton and Rade like this.
  19. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Sevn

I've been out for several weeks and just got caught up on this thread.

I hope you and your wife can come to some sort of resolution. You both seem very unhappy right now. There is an answer somewhere here and I hope you find it.

I'm a bisexual man who really has no interest in developing a relationship with a man beyond some casual intimacy. And, I have a satisfying marriage. Both of these help in allowing my sort of mixed orientation marriage. But, some of us don't have that. I am sensing that you need something that your marriage cannot offer. I'm also wondering if your wife also gets this on some level?

I hope the best for you.

20. SevnButton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What I really want in my marriage is emotional intimacy, followed by sexual intimacy. Whether or not that's possible remains to be seen.

LaneyM likes this.