1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Nintendo switch worth the money?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Loves books, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Loves books

I currently have an Xbox 360 and a wii U but within a year of getting them a newer version came out. I'm considering getting a Nintendo switch. I really want the Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy game and the Pokemon games coming soon look really good. I just wonder 1) is it worth the money and 2) is a newer version on the way soon. Can anyone tell me is it any good and the benefits of having one. Are there any good multiplayer games.

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend has brought his over to my place a few times for us to play mario kart - I'm not really impressed by the switch honestly, Xbox and PS4 both seem better. I haven't looked into what games it has but it pretty much just seems like another version of the wii. Mario kart is really fun on it though and allows up to 4 players.

3. -Michael-

A newer version will be a good while away. I think it depends how you play and how much you play.

I love mine, barely play ps4 now. I like that its geared more to offline multiplayer too.
    Too many 'top games' these days dont let me and a mate play in the same room unless we get another game, another console and another TV.

Also Zelda in the bathtub is pretty fantastic.

4. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My boyfriend has it at his house and it's definitely very fun! It's easy to use, portable, and aesthetically pleasing.

We really usually only play Mario Kart on it... so I can't make many comments about how it is on games in general. But my experience with it has been positive so far.

I have the classic Wii, where I'd play Mario Kart (and other games) a lot. The Switch is definitely better in some ways, but I guess the deal breaker is that it's a pretty affordable console.

I've heard that the Switch doesn't let you transport some games from the Wii systems onto it, unlike how the Wii U let's you play Wii games (but not vise versa). If they could make it more compatible with other games, then there'd be no question to buying the Switch

5. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I find it was worth the money, some of the games are expensive though but there are many that are affordable too, plus they have sales, and you earn points to use to purchase games. There's plenty of games that offer hours upon hours of play time if you don't wanna spend too much and just wanna get a few good ones. I'm generally a pc gamer, but the convenience of having a switch really helps when I just wanna lay down and game, or I am travelling and wanna game on the go.

6. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Got mine last December and it is great! Loads of great games tbh worth it for Mario and Zelda alone but there is a ton of indie games. AAA games as well skyrim etc it seems like a lot of companies are getting behind it now square for example are putting most of the psone era onwards final fantasy games on it.

Personally I still love my ps4 as I like the trophies (sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ) and wish this feature would come over to switch but it is worth its money and more imo

7. Loves books

I actually got it yesterday. Mario Kart is fun. The other game I wanted and got is Crash N.Sane trilogy. I want to wring the rodents stupid neck. The controls are off, it's hard to see the holes in the ground and the stupid bastard just keeps on dying. The next time my brother is home I'll force him to do the harder stuff. He did this game when he was 5 and didn't have any trouble. He also never let me touch his precious PlayStation.

8. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's worth the price, I just don't have the money to buy it yet xD

On it right now, there's:

-Breath of the wild
    -Mario Odyssey
    -Splatoon 2
    -Many ports of the Wii U
    -Games that are aslo on other consoles, but are still fun (Crash trilogy, Okami, Yooka-Laylee, etc.)

And coming up:

-Smash
    -Pokemon Let's Go
    -Animal crossing
    -Pokemon 2019

I mean, seems pretty worth it to me. I'd buy it in an instant if I could afford it :')

9. Noahand2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love my switch and especially can't wait for the new smash game to come out.

10. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    the whole potrable thing really sells me love playing games in handheld mode