1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grad school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bicubed, Nov 14, 2018.

1. bicubed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiya! Just wondering if there are any fellow grad students on here - let's commiserate! I have a bunch of assignments to grade and I'm procrastinating big time on here :upside_down:

Anyone else experience figuring out their sexuality in grad school? My department seems pretty accepting and has a queer group but I'm still too nervous/unsure/closeted to join...

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I figured mine out when I was in grad school. Made for a very emotionally draining year. I got nothing but support when I came out from both my peers and the faculty, which was nice. I ended up leaving my program for other reasons a year after and am so glad I did

3. bicubed

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haven't logged on in a while, thanks for your reply! Glad your peers/faculty were supportive. I feel like I'm spending too much mental effort on this to the detriment of my ability to focus on school, hoping that as I figure things out and maybe tell more people then things will improve...

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah be careful. I think dealing with my sexuality was part of what burned me out.