1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here has tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Love4Ever, Oct 30, 2018.

?

Do you have tinnitus?

1. yes in one ear

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. yes in both ears

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. no I don't

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. 18breanna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *strains to hear while cupping one ear* what?

2. MarMar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine varies in intensity of sound, mostly it’s a faint hissing but occasionally if I’m listening to a video played through speakers or in a plane or just stand up too quickly, it’ll get really loud, so loud I try to plug my ears. It’s really annoying when someone plays a video that happens to have a high frequency in it

3. Loves books

My dad is deaf and insists on watching t.v all day everyday in the only room my dog is allowed in. He hates the dog and we have an equally big t.v in another room but my dad is an asshole. He blasts the t.v super loud. My mum thinks he's damaging our hearing. Occasionally I'll have a ringing in one or both ears it goes away after about 30 seconds.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have it when something with blood pressure and/or stress messes up. Something like rigning or buzzing.

#24 Mihael, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. Ryu

Ryu

I've got tinnitus in both ears at around 16khz from playing with my band without hearing protection because I can't afford it

6. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was very careful when I played music (bass player standing right next to the snare drum) and used earplugs. So I can't blame it on that. But it does seem to be encroaching. A general high-pitched (white noise) buzz in both ears and a single high frequency (like a TV when it's dying) in one ear.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here. I think my anxiety caused mine. It's only in one ear and that ear has problems with being stuffy and blocked up whereas the other does not so I think that has a lot to do with it. I have tried eardrops with no success. It actually made it worse until I stopped using them. It's usually a fairly quiet white noise sound, and it fluctuates so it's not bad compared to what some people deal with. I just find it an annoyance and don't like to focus on it or I get panicky.

#27 Love4Ever, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  8. Shadows123

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have it in both ears. I don't know how I got it, as my hearing was pretty good when I was younger and still isn't bad now. It gets annoying from time to time, it sounds like the high pitch sound you hear when turning on an old CRT television.

9. UMedusa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe it's radio frequencies and cell phone towers and stuff and we all just think it's tinnitus. Maybe I need to go to a private island for a while to research if the wheezing in my ears goes away when I am no longer part of modern living. Maybe...

Sometimes it is worse than others. Headphone use can make it worse. Physical stress/anxiety also seems to make it worse. I notice it more toward the end of the day for some reason, not just because it's quieter. Sometimes I wish ears had an off switch or lid. Why isn't there an app yet that can allow a person to see inside their own ears somehow??

#29 UMedusa, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  10. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would have tinnitus very infrequently before August. But after my double ear infections with perforations then, I have it more often than not.

I have a skin growth and will need ear surgery on both ears. My left crackles each time I swallow.

On Wednesday night, it sounded like a river was running in my right ear. Otherwise, I get the loud pitched emergency tone often including now in my left ear. My right ear will get the emergency tone when I am stressed.

In my left ear, I heard a drone like hum from August until about Halloween. That has largely dissipated.

11. MichaelH

MichaelH Guest

For as long as I can remember I have it in both ears, a constant ringing. It's very annoying when it's very quiet. When there are various sounds around I can easily ignore it, but when it's quiet it drives me up the wall.