1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet problems

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DirectionNorth, Nov 22, 2018.

1. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm also going to call and ask my internet company, but does anyone know why my laptop says there's no internet, but I look at the cable box and the lights are fine, and the internet's working on my phone just fine?

2. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That happens to me all the time. I really hate that.

3. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    sometimes on my laptop the connection drops off, when this happens I tell my network to disconnect and then connect it again. this doesn't always work, but it's usually my first step as rebooting the router takes anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour.

4. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I might try that. The first thing i do is troubleshoot, then get frustrated, then check my box to see if the lights are working properly, then test the internet on my phone, then wait a bit, then it's back on. Sometimes I unplug the cable and wait 30 seconds or so, then plug it back in, but that is annoying, especially when the lights are working right and the internet's on my phone. Next time it happens, I'll call the internet company and ask.

Thanks for both of your answers though!

5. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reestablish connection to your internet with your computer, if using wifi make sure your wifi is on from pc.. If that doesn't help reboot your router, personally my router only takes around 5 minutes to reboot. Simply unplugging your router for 2 min. allowing all lights to go solid/green (around 2-3 mins.) and then reconnecting could help certain issues.

6. Loves books

My internet connection is sketchy. We didn’t have internet for the first five years we lived in our house because no company had coverage this remote and this high. When the internet doesn’t work despite everything saying it’s connected I leave it alone and try again in an hour.

7. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can make a personal hotsport from your phone and in the longer term, there are WiFis that don't use the telephone cable but mobile connection and you might ask around which company offers these.

8. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @Loves books , yeah, same. It usually comes back onits own within maybe 10 minutes, but it's so annoying when it's for nothing. If the internet was disconnected, then I would unplug and everything, but it's frustrating when it's for no reason lol.

@Mihael , I'll have to look into that. Sorry, not too technologically advanced, is that different than wifi? The way you're saying to connect? I'll ask my company about all of that.

Thank you, everyone, for your responses!

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The personal hotspot? You open settings in your phone and find "personal hotspot" and turn it on. If you had any problems, you can search in the internet something like "how to make personal hotspot on"+your device brand and model. Then you should see the name of the WiFi you just created and its password if you click on the personal hotspot option or open its settings. You connect the computer or another device like to any other WiFi.

10. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Update all your drivers of your network cards. Perhaps even everything this is fairly simple in the newer windows. You can do it manually to but if you are new to it, it might sound challenging. But these things are not difficult at all.

Also perhaps update your modems, router etc. etc. etc.

It could be also that you have a virus, did you test another browser ? What do u use Google Chrome ? It could be a corrupt user profile. But try another browsers like Firefox to see if it works.

Malwarebytes is free to check for Malware, ccleaner to clean up your pc a bit, and theres way more stuff.