1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about what to do and feel

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rainy30, Nov 18, 2018.

1. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 24 year old bisexual female and I have feelings for a 19 year old male coworker. This guy is a straight male and I'm not sure if he knows I'm bi. Maybe it doesn't matter. I posted about this once a few months ago, but since then, my feelings and attraction towards him have grown stronger. For the past few years, I've exclusively dated women and I haven't felt romantically/physically attracted to a man in a very long time. So, this feels a little strange to me. I now have a huge crush on this young man and it has really caught me by surprise. I'm confused about whether I should do anything, or if I should just ignore it. Note: my workplace is very relaxed and has no policy against coworkers dating.

He's kind, respectful, intelligent, caring, funny and independent (he lives out of home). He's a hard worker, and he also studies full-time. He's one of the most polite and chivalrous men I've ever met, and every single shift we do, I find myself impressed by him. There are many things he does that make me feel he might be interested in me too. He always makes eye contact and smiles when I walk by, helps me with my work without me even asking, casually touches my shoulders/back, and I catch him looking at me sometimes. We're good work buddies, but whenever we talk, he seems a bit nervous and often goes very quiet, yet around others he's always extremely talkative.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel confused and weird, as I've not felt attracted to a guy in so long, but this feels so intense. Also, I'm obviously five years older than him. I've been daydreaming about what it could be like to ask him to the movies or something. Ugh. I'm stuck once again.

#1 rainy30, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  2. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1: Yes, it really don't matter if he knows you are Bi. It just matters if you want to
    make it obvious to him that you like him. (small hints don't tend to work though)
    2: Due to how you described how he acts towards you vs. anybody else,
    he is interested in you in a romantic way - especially if you are the only
    female he helps without you asking beforehand.
    3: 'I feel confused and weird' That's how a crush often feels like.
    4: So what if you are older, he's interested in you.

Why do you feel stuck again?

3. rainy30

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your helpful answer - I appreciate it! Maybe he actually is interested. I guess I feel stuck again because I have a bad habit of developing crushes on people I work with (and other people I can't "have" like university tutors etc). I'm probably just overthinking my crush on this guy, though. I don't know.

4. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hugs hope you are doing okay with things

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a former young guy, I say five years is nothing.

As a human, I think your feelings are, well, human.

#5 beenthrdonetht, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's ok with it, take his hand and run for the hills....life is too short, hope it all works out well....you deserve it.

7. Fishtail

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That don't sound like a bad habit I think - more like overthinking on your side.
    Why not find out&invite him to something he likes but don't use the word 'date?

#7 Fishtail, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018