1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Lesbians get their first girlfriends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chewbaca, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I’m 19 years old and ready to have my first relationship with a girl. Or at the very least my first kiss with one. I’ve been out for about 2 years now. I’ve been told I’m attractive, not that that matters. I’m also pretty laid back and calm, but I can be the opposite depending on how I’m feeling.
    Anyways, I struggle with flirting. There have been girls that I’ve liked and for the most part, they’ve been gay. There’s this girl in my class at he moment, who I had a big crush on, but she never keeps a conversation through text. She talks to me in person though and is more outgoing but that crush is kinda gone now because I deserve more than being ignored through text.
    There’s this friend I have who’s in a relationship with a guy but they’re not serious at all. She’s bi. I like the vibe we have so far, but I respect relationships so I’m not gonna make a move or catch feelings(I’ll try not to).
    Anyways this is what’s going on right now. In the past my crushes are either not ready for a relationship because they just got out of one, already talking to someone, or straight(first real crush that hit hard). I’ve become better at not catching feelings for straight girls but how does one get their first lesbian relationship? I really want to know. Should I flirt with a lot of girls? Should I be more charming?

GreenRun, 18breanna and Love4Ever like this.
  2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe the first girl just isn't good at texting. I know I'm that way. I don't like trying to hold a text conversation. Could you ask her to hang out after school one day? She might be more comfortable talking face-to-face than through a screen.

Does your town/city have any LGBT events you could meet people at?
    There are also some dating sites that cater to LGBT people if that's something that interests you.

#2 Hawk, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Drizzle and GreenRun like this.
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I knew the secret. No single girls around here sadly.

Meander, GreenRun and 18breanna like this.
  4. Chewbaca

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is possible that she's not a good texter, but I don't understand. If someone is interested in you, wouldn't they at least text back? She texted me first one time asking me when the next text was. I said hey and gave her the test date and the conversation ended. And one time after class she said she would text me later. She didn't. I believe I texted her two days later trying to start a conversation and she didn't reply. You could be right, but I just never understood people not being good at texting. If you like someone or even if you like someone as a friend, why wouldn't you text back? I would like to get to know her more. We had an in person conversation before and she told me that she spent 4 years in Germany and moved a lot in the US because her dad was in the military.

I remember like the second week of class she met me while I was waiting outside and told me that she agreed with what I was saying in government class and told me a little about her story. I didn't really notice her until a couple of weeks later. I guess I was so caught up in listening to what she was saying that day that I didn't really notice how gorgeous she was.

Anyways, is it even worth trying? I feel like the ball is in her court and if she had even a slight interest in me, she would give me some type of hint. I just don't like the idea of "chasing" a girl who's not interested in me. Been there, done that and it always hits the hardest.

Also, my city is pretty LGBT friendly, but the groups don't meet regularly. There hasn't been a meeting in months.

Hawk likes this.
  5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...you'd think. If she is just a bad texter, maybe tell her how annoyed you feel when she leaves you on "read" or ignores you (even if it's not on purpose).

If you're interested in her, maybe you just be very blunt about your feelings and avoid wasting your time on someone who may not feel the same way as you. Maybe ask her if she sees a future (even short term) with you.

Chewbaca and GreenRun like this.