1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media that focuses on transmen.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by notgavner, Sep 5, 2018.

1. notgavner

notgavner Guest

Self explanatory thread title :wink:

I'm looking for movies, books, TV shows, comics, any work of fiction that focuses on transmen. Even online content like Wattpad or whatever (though I haven't used the site in a fat minute)

It can be romance or whatever but I wanna consume more media that focuses on a narrative I can relate to as a transdude. Even if it has a transdude as a secondary character I'm into it.

Just shoot the titles my way and I can find em on my own, though bonus points if you can sport a link :wink:

Also this is my first post here after lurking for a bit so hello! :wave:

2. Alex916

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! :slight_smile: Ive got one for you! It's on Netflix, and it's called 3 generations. the main character is a teen trans guy. I remember it being very cute, but it was a while back when I watched it.

3. notgavner

notgavner Guest

Ehhh I watched some trailers a while back and I'm not crazy about Elle Fanning playing the lead :? Thanks anyways though, I'm sure I'll find some good stuff out there :wink:

4. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah almost all mainstream media with trans people has them being played by cis actors of the opposite gender, which kinda sucks.
    There is a really good webseries called “All For One” which has a trans guy in it (although he’s not out until the second season).
    Also “The Woods” is a great comic with a trans guy in it (although again he isn’t out to the main characters until later in the series).
    That’s all I can think of off the top of my head, there doesn’t seem to be as much representation in media for trans men as for trans women.

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a movie called "Boys Don't Cry". It's not a "happy story", but it's based on true events about a transguy, Brandon Teena, who was living in Nebraska (there's scenes of violence, rape, etc. if that triggers anyone, don't watch it).

#5 Hawk, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There was a movie a while back about a little girl called Tomboy. But I don't know if that was a movie about a butch lesbian or someone transgender. It's kinda ambiguous.

7. tystnad

tystnad Guest

Girls Lost is a very interesting film that includes a trans narrative as told through a fantastical genderswap story. I loved it a lot because of it's non-traditional approach to gender and the emphasis on exploration rather than suffering. It's a Swedish film though so it may be a little difficult to find, but there should be a version with subtitles out there somewhere. The original title is Pojkarna (which means "the boys" - an interesting difference considering what it is about).