1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Brazil elects an homophobic, racist and violent president

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chiroptera, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. They were informative.

You should know that my country is moving to a something different. The religious government has been here since 40 years ago. It made people hate almost everything they defend and vice versa. It made people to be liberalist and made them religion fundamentalism haters. Don't know when this government will collapse, Most people think it will happen soon.
    But whenever it happens, I think the next government will be liberal and anti religious fundamentalism.
    Just trying to explain it's happening differently here and it has its reasons. Not that it will be a very gay-friendly, Not that far. It's too soon for us.

#21 Vega222, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Vega222 It is very interesting to compare information on what is happening around the world. Thanks!

How do you think the majority of people in Iran perceives politics around these themes?

3. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

This doesn't sound good. We have an Lgbt friendly president over here, but our society structure is quite homophobic, to the point it's not really safe or wise to be out and proud for most people. Lgbt+ travelers are an exception.

I can't say I know what you're going through, but fear is an emotion I know too well. After all I stay in the closet for similar reasons.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks @Silveroot . It is interesting to hear the perspective of someone from Greece, because i've heard a lot about gay acts and depictions in art during Ancient History, in Greece. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about that and current views there, if you feel comfortable in sharing.

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Is this guy 2x the asshole Trump is? I mean I dont live in Brazil?

6. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to measure, especially considering I can't be neutral while giving my opinion. I mean, I live in Brazil, so he affects me a lot more than Trump, obviously.

On the other hand, I don't remember seeing Trump openly saying that he is homophobic and that people should shoot members of another party (maybe i missed it and he is violent like that too?).

In any way, i think both have very serious problems.

7. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just going to leave these right here:

160125114628-donald-trump-quote-shoot-somebody-super-tease.jpg main-qimg-819cd591e37f2bbac3204030b7488c93.png

(the second one was supposedly a typo where he forgot to write 'in self-defense' but who knows).

#27 Destin, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  8. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, understood.

That's horrible ><

9. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

The current views vary in different areas and things have progressed legally, but some things are okay just on paper, since extreme-right views are getting more and more popular and with them intolerance and violence against Lgbt people. Many have been killed, beaten up or driven to suicide through the years. Being out is a risk and not just for physical attack. Nothing prevents homophobic bosses or hateful colleges from trying to find a way to get you fired. At least for me, right now it doesn't feel like a wise option. Perhaps things will change with time, but attacks against lgbt people are only now getting reported and getting publicity. I'm not sure what the future will bring, but homophobic views seem to be on the rise globally. It's like people have grown fond of racist views all over again.

10. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Silveroot I understand. It's not nice to read this, but thanks for sharing. We need to keep ourselves informed.

#30 Chiroptera, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  11. Seven Hil

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really feel for targeted people in brazil right now and I hope you now that you are welcomed in the world and there is a place here for you