1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Are You So Sad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bulbul, Nov 2, 2018.

1. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think we are all here because we feel like there is something missing. We crave for acceptance, understanding and tolerance. We hate feeling alone, sad and judged for something we have no control over.

Most people who know me don't know that I'm miserable, even if they feel something isn't right with me, only the ones who are very close to me can tell that I am unhappy, or the ones I have disclosed my anguish to. Only a few had ever asked me why I'm so sad, but only one person dared to answer their own question, "is it because you don't have a boyfriend?!" they said in a very sarcastic tone. I honestly didn't have a clear answer to that question at that time, as I was much younger and didn't fully comprehend the source of my emotions. But I did say this, "is it so wrong to want to love and be loved? If only to have the chance. How many books, poems & movies are about love?! Don't tell me it's not important"

After a while, older and wiser, I reflected on myself and I think I know the answer now, or at least part of it. Why am I sad? I'm sad from having to put on this mask every day, from the moment I wake up, till the moment I go to sleep. This mask isn't placed on my face, it's placed on my essence. Only when I'm dreaming do I dare to take it off. I'm sad because every time I'm with someone who cares about me, I wonder if they would still care if they knew who I am, what I am. I'm sad from all the times I wanted to do or say something but held my tongue out of fear of being outed, to quote L. M. Montgomery "The greatest happiness is to sneeze when you want to".

I get sad every time a go to a wedding, because I know I will never dance in mine. I'm sad because no one will pray for my soul after I'm long gone, no spouse, no offspring. And yes, I'm sad because I've never been in Love before, and I wonder if I ever will be.

2. Cha0ticG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I know I can’t really relate to you. I have no idea what you’ve been through or how your feeling right now. All I can say really is ‘it’s gonna get better’. I don’t want to sound like that, I don’t want to sound so emptily cheery. But I do want you to know that there are people here who can help and support you. There are people here who will carry your memory and who will try their best to get you where you need to go. I’m here if you ever need help or support. I know what it feels like to have to act ‘happy’ around the ones you care about. Your post resonated with me a lot. You have people who care about you. And with time I sure that you’ll find someone who you can love.
    Take care friend

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like this all the time. I have so much love to give and no one to give it to. I feel like so many people never notice me or I'm the girl who is eternally the friend and never the girlfriend. I just don't ever feel like I'm good enough. And I can never click with someone and have it feel right. I've mentioned on here there was this one guy I used to be friends with and we went out and did a few things together, but I stopped seeing him because it just didn't feel right. I don't regret it, but ugh I feel so frustrated that the one person who liked me I just couldn't stay around for. The list of reasons is long as to why. And other people thought I was crazy to turn down one of the only guys who ever liked me. But it just wasn't right and I'm waiting for the right person still. I don't want to waste my time on someone I can't love and I couldn't love him. I'm still waiting for my prince or princess to come.

4. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks, that means a lot to me

5. Loves books

I kind of feel the same way. I am 26 and never even kissed anyone or dated anyone. I went to college for a year not for an education but to meet someone. It didn't happen. I have a degenerative muscle condition that's only going to get worse so anyone I end up with will eventually become my caregiver and I don't want to do that to someone. Currently my muscles tire easily so a decent sex life might be out of th question. My friends with a similar condition are all dying. They have a life expectancy of 25 yrs and most of them are there. Three boys I knew, one of which I was only friends with a short time but was a strong friend with, one I was chatting with two weeks ago died a couple of days ago and one boy I knew of but didn't know well. I dread the day when more of my friends will die. I know from an online support group, eventually I won't be able to move, eat and around 50 will just die. I want a life before I can't live it, but I live up a mountain miles from a small town. I can't meet anyone here.

6. Cha0ticG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its no problem at all. And I meant what I said. Im always up for a chat, and ill try to give advice to the best of my ability. Have a good day mate.(I call everyone that but if it ever makes yiu uncomfortable just say so. Oh! And call me Jay, not my real name but it is something you can call me.) Bye bye!

7. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because the humans are sexist,racist and lgbtphobic.

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow I'm so sorry. I can't begin to understand how hard that must be. I am sure there are lots of people who would want to date you, you sound like a kind and caring person. I'm younger than you and live in another country but I would happily date you and I think others would say the same. :slight_smile:

9. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm terribly sorry to hear about your condition, I can't begin to imagine what it must be like, but I want you to know that it is not impossible to find love, so don't give up hope, it maybe more challenging, but not impossible. I know someone who lost their legs at a very young age, now they are married, loved, taken care of and ended up having 4 kids together, if it could happen for them it could happen for you

10. Loves books

Love4Ever and bulbul thanks so much for your comments they made me feel much better.

11. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm glad. You sound like a real catch. :slight_smile:

12. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a bit sad today. I've had sadder days, but today it's being tough.

13. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been sad too lately. *Hugs.*

14. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :slight_smile: Hopefully, people will stop being sad someday in this World.

#14 BlueLion, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  15. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's exactly how i feel.. and i see everyone else gay or straight having a love and a romance in their life and i'm just so alone here... i think i will never be able to find love and that's maybe because i'm so unlucky after all
    i don't know what i did to deserve this :frowning2: i hope that eventually we will share our love with someone!

#15 jenne, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  16. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand. I am so sorry you feel that way. You have done nothing to deserve it. I always say that I would be someone's ride or die if they'd only let me. I could be the best damn girlfriend anyone ever had if they just give me ONE chance. And I don't mean this to sound egotistical, I just mean I would try super hard and give 100%.

17. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exactly, I'm a hopeless romantic and I feel like I have some love and devotion to give but no one to give it to.

18. Pseudo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get sad on the weekends when I wake up and realise there is no one to do anything with. Recently I keep dreaming that I'm with someone in a relationship, and when I wake up I'm really confused and then sad when I realise there isn't anyone. I'd even be happy with a good friend to do things with, I like hiking and camping but not on my own.

19. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same. Last few days, I am having dreams of being in a relationship. When I awake up, I just want to go back to sleep so that the dream will continue. Sadly that never happens.
    But that thing that is making me feel extremely depressed is the vendor of the committee that conducts the exam for cypher assistant post ( which I am aiming for ) is under investigation and the exams have been postponed indefinitely. There is one other which I can write but level of difficulty is so high that it is very daunting. I am feeling like I am stuck in a sinkhole with no way out.