1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in a loop

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chloe04, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Chloe04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m trans, I want to come out and be recognised and transition.

But I’m too scared. My parents would deny me and the people I know from school would bully abuse me.

So I stay in the closet, even though I’m 16 and nobody has a clue that I’m trans. I never even gave hints. I should’ve taken action sooner,
    But I didn’t.

So here I am stuck in my loop, unable to do anything. I’m depressed. I’m cutting. I’m lonely.

And that’s on top of social anxiety, paranoia and dysphoria

What the **** am I going to do with my life....

2. AnAtypicalGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're going to live it. Life is a beautiful thing, even while some of its parts can be pretty ugly. Things will work out, no matter how long it takes.

What makes you think this will happen? Is this your fear and paranoia, as you put it, or is this a genuine assessment of your predicament? In the case of the former, is there at least one person you can come out to at all? Like a friend, or somebody who is out as LGBT? If it's the latter, is there any chance that you can remove yourself from wherever you are any time soon in favour of somewhere more accepting, whether that's right now or in a few years' time? Even if you have to wait for some years before you start living the way you want to, it will be well worth the wait.

Coming out as trans is damn hard, and damn risky. Don't beat yourself up over wanting to save your skin.

You're not alone. Hundreds of people around here have your back, and hundreds more are in your future.

If you ever need to talk about anything, my messages are open.

monsterboy and Chloe04 like this.
  3. monsterboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There's no rush, even though you may be feeling like you want to just do everything right away. I'd wait until you're totally comfortable to come out. If you're really needing to express yourself, maybe when you're home alone? Or with certain friends?

Chloe04 likes this.