1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CosmicWolf, Oct 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I am gonna try to do something outside of school every week. Just gotta think of a good idea for the next date. Anyone have any suggestions?
    So far we have done a movie, haunted corn maze, and a dance.

I thought of maybe doing the dinner date, but she lives outta town so it isn't really worth coming into town just for dinner. Plus dinner is usually paired with something else.

Also I am gonna have to find a place with a good vegetarian menu cuz she is vegetarian. Don't want to take her to one of those places that says they have vegetarian options when really they just have a side salad.

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya Dinner sounds good

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you planned all the dates? Perhaps your girlfriend could plan the next one?
    In the UK rollerscating and hoverboarding are really popular and fun, especially as your young, then just go for a ktc or something....god I want a partner lol

4. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well it has actually been fairly even for who plans the dates. Hoverboarding and Rollerskating sounds fun, sadly it's not something offered around here.

Also it is starting to get real cold here in Canada lol. I don't really mind but my gf doesn't want to go outside when it is really cold, so outdoor activities probably wouldn't be a good choice.
    I mean we probably will end up doing a few because winter lasts a while and there isn't a whole lotta things to do indoors around here. But I'm gonna try to keep them to a minimum.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope you 2 find something

CosmicWolf likes this.
  6. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, an inexpensive and fun romantic date might be just building a fire, outside or in a fireplace if you have one, and snuggling up together under a blanket. I know I would love it if my partner went to the trouble of building us in some bonding/alone time where we could just be together and talk. Those are the things I value most in a relationship. I want to be close to someone and talk about things that matter. So I guess all that to say, don't underestimate the small things. The most romantic gestures often cost nothing but your time and your heart.

Melancholy, Rade, BlueNeon and 2 others like this.
  7. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I second this. My boyfriend and I had a date almost exactly like this very early on and it was perfect. We actually happened to have an electric fireplace that an old tenant left in the apartment after they moved out and we just snuggled on the couch watching the flames and playing a game where we alternated asking one question at a time about anything we wanted to know about each other. I thought it would just be a fun thing to do but it actually ended up lasting legit 7 hours straight of asking questions. It only ended because he fell asleep. The questions were everything from random stuff like favorite fruit to deep stuff like most treasured memories.

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is so beautiful. I can see how this was special to you.

Destin likes this.
  9. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, this is great advice

Destin, Meander and Love4Ever like this.
  10. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dont have a fireplace... Also have never built a fire outside of one. But ill definitely look into doing something like that.

I'm thinking if we can get a semi warm day I might ask her to go to this park near me. She loves cinnamon rolls so I could stop by the bakery and pick up a few fresh, we could go to this quaint little tea shop grab a cup of tea and walk over to the park and just look at the river or walk up to the waterfalls.

Of course her living out of town complicates things a bit, but idk maybe her mom will drive her in on a weekend or something.

11. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds so nice. Your girlfriend is lucky to have you.

#71 Love4Ever, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    CosmicWolf, Destin and Meander like this.
  12. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that this is a great idea for a date. My girlfriend arranged something like this for a date, where we lit a fire in the fireplace of a rooftop terrace in an apartment building. We stayed up there all night cuddled up to each other under some blankets watching the fire and the city while we talked about whatever came to mind. It is definitely one of the happiest memories I have.

That sounds like a wonderful idea for a date. Cinnamon rolls are amazing, so that's quite a good start. Walking up to a waterfall sounds like a great way for the two of you to get some time together without a bunch of other people around. Maybe, if it's possible, you could bring a blanket along to snuggle under.

Melancholy, CosmicWolf and Love4Ever like this.
  13. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well my girlfriend suggested doing a double date with one of her friends at lunch time sometime this week. They are still ironing out the details.

14. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also my girlfriend is sick right now, wish I could do more to make her feel better but it is hard when I don't really get to see her outside of school.

I just wanna cuddle with her on the couch binge watching Netflix, make her some soup and tea and just hold her. But sadly I can't do that cuz she lives out of town.

I wish I never moved, if we hadn't we would be literally a 5 min walk away from eachother.

15. BlueNeon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that she's not feeling well. Hopefully it's just one of those quick little colds, and she'll be back on her feet soon.

I think this would be a good thing to tell her. Maybe you can't actually do this because of the difficulty of getting to her place, but I'd bet that she'd love to hear this from you.

16. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well the double date thing is up in the air right now due to my girlfriend being sick. But we have plans to go see Bohemian Rhapsody on the 13th. She doesn't want to go when it is super packed and busy so we are waiting a week after it is released and going on cheap night (movies are like half price).

Also, milestone update:

I have now moved on to kissing her on top of the head when we say goodbye at lunch and break. She is at the perfect height for me to do that. Still no actual first kiss, but idk maybe at our movie date.

I think she wanted to kiss me earlier at the Haunted Corn Maze. Because when I got home she said she forgot to give something to me, and that I could maybe get it on Monday, but then on Monday I forgot, asked her about it on the Tuesday and she said she better not give it to me because she was starting to get sick... sounds like a kiss to me. Also she kind of accidentally sent a message to me that was supposed to go to her best friend, which was very illuminating on what she was thinking while in line at the corn maze. Lets just say that kissing is barely a precursor to what she was thinking. Made for an interesting conversation lol. Anyways, if she doesn't make a move at the movie I will probably give it a try, assuming my nerves don't get in the way.

17. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah it seems to just be the flu, hopefully she gets better soon. That is a good idea, thanks

18. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hope she gets better soon

CosmicWolf likes this.
  19. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fire date sounds good, could warm some food on that fire.....
    Your in Canada, I have relatives, how about ice skating and soon could go to a Christmas market or event ....could be fun exploring together....
    Hope see gets better soon Rade x

CosmicWolf likes this.
  20. CosmicWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The ice skating could work if I got a pair of skates. There is actually a rink up by where she lives. There are also a couple rinks in town.

The farmers market will be closing soon but we could go sometime, but honestly there isn't much there so it wouldn't really be worth a trip into town. The good farmers market is in the city about an hour away, so probably not gonna happen.

But we could go to a couple quaint shops in town and look at their Christmas stuff. Or go to the mall, although once again the good mall is in the city. But our little town mall can still be fun around the holidays.

#80 CosmicWolf, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Love4Ever and Rade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.