1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never thought this would happen to me

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rainbow100, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently found out that a person I thought was my friend was lying about her age, but she never confirmed it. Now I found a picture that she had on her profile and a profile picture where fake after she told me they where her. I found them on the page of a model. The “Friend” accused me of stalking her for looking at the page of her profile, Huh? And she then said that she gave that page and the girl permission to use to the picture. I’ve been catfished! I would love to hear people input. Am I crazy or is she just mad for getting caught? Thank You

2. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe a little of both, people do crazy things. I try not to judge people but it’s clearly she try to conceal something. Her age or identity maybe? Or something else altogether. I would be upset too but I would also look at it as a use for caution next time. So sorry that happened to you :frowning2:

Cinnamon Bunny likes this.
  3. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank You, This one really stings. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. It’s going to take along time to trust again!

Forlong likes this.
  4. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven’t known anyone who has had this happen to them before. I imagine it’s life altering and unnerving that someone infiltrated your life like that . I feel for you

5. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you!

Forlong likes this.
  6. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    she is mad at getting caught

Not sure why she would lie about who she is

Rainbow100 likes this.
  7. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I’m not sure why either. I think she was pretending to have this amazing lifestyle. But I’m not easily impressed. I wish she would have just been real. That’s all I want. If your a good person inside, Then that’s all that matters!! And yes she was very mad that she got caught and I’m glad that I finally seen the red flags and got out of that situation. I feel bad for the next person. I tried to report her, but the social media site is not very cooperative. I’m glad that people see that she is crazy and that I’m not overacting!!

8. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If she was a true friend she would have come forward with the truth after connecting with you as a friend.

Also using a stock photo also does not allow you to even know what she looks like.

This is very weird to say the least. Why even use a profile if you are not who you are. I mean that in many ways.

This is not a friend. I hope at some point you get to where you need to be with this person if possible. But if you are friends a real photo would be nice at some point.

Rainbow100 likes this.
  9. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, Thank you!! What she did is just confusing to say the least. She sent me 3 photos of the actual her and those match another social media she uses with her family. But she told me that on the social media site that none of her family was on there. So I feel that she felt she could make up any fantasy she wanted and nobody that knew her in real life would know. I also think it’s 1 thing to use a stock photo, but to use it and say it’s You is a whole other thing. Stock images are very easy to see other places. I’m just really glad I’m out of that mess! It’s sad because she is old enough to know better! This is probably the biggest lesson I’ve ever had to learn. She definitely prays on the weak. But I ended up stronger in the end!!

10. TrevinMichael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be glad it did not get too far.

Who knows what she would have done or thought of done to take advantage of you or not be true.

Rainbow100 likes this.