1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rainbow100, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I’m sad and listening to “Baby it’s you” by Smokie on repeat. When does the sadness go away? Why was I born to have a ton of problems and no friends ever in my life?

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rainbow100.....Hi...I've asked myself many times why I had to be born gay...why me? For a very long time I fought to be straight, to be like everyone else. Of course it didn't work and until I accept it and began to learn to love the real me I felt a lot like what you've written. The best I can tell you is that it doesn't have to be that way...it doesn't have to stay that way. I know it's tough...believe me...I've been there. In 2014 the wonderful people here on empty closets saved my life. I was literally minutes away from taking my own life when they answered my first post begging for help. They became my family and helped me through my first really difficult year until I was finally able to tell another human being face-to-face that I was and always had been gay. In the same way, we are here for you. What ever we can do we will. You can vent to us and we can give you a shoulder to cry on when you need it. We'll do our best to give you ideas and suggestions and share how we have found ways to make our lives better. Remember...you are part of our LGBTQ Family and we do care...we care a lot.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Rade and Rainbow100 like this.
  3. Rainbow100

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you very much!!

4. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello
    David gave you great advice....
    You have to love and respect yourself, also to be comfortable with your sexuality and then it falls easier into place ...
    I found support here and in the LGBT community.
    I hope things get easier for you soon. Rade X

Rainbow100 likes this.
  5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey some people have tougher lives than others that's very true but I do think happiness is out there for you and I also think that the harder the journey the more you appreciate it and the better it feels when you get there.

Rainbow100 and Rade like this.