1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do people call you strange/weird/eccentric?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm starting to wonder if everyone views themselves as weird in some form or another. Does anyone think of themselves as normal? Hmm. Also, do you get called strange? If so, does this happen often?

Sometimes I get called strange. I also get quirky, odd, peculiar, eccentric, bizarre and weird. Others just view me as normal. *Shrug*

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely consider myself quirky lol. Nobody has explicitly said it to my face, but people say stuff like "omgggg, Asif you did that" or "ahahaha, that's why I love you"

3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I consider myself eccentric. I really embrace that though. Normal is overrated lol. In fact, I think gay people are usually pretty awesome about embracing their uniqueness, which is a quality I have always admired.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Canterpiece.....Being "abnormal" was/is one of my biggest "camouflage" tactics. I spent 41 years as a music teacher and was also heavily involved in theatre. I used being "artsy" as a way to wear bright colors and unusual clothes for that entire time...in fact I still do. Everyone just wrote it off as something that people who are artists/musician/actors "normally" do. It was one of the very few ways that I could be at least a little bit of my true self while living in that damned closet for so long. I really only have one foot outside the closet even now...but that's an improvement that makes my life so much more bearable. And of course I can be my gay self here on empty closets...I really do like that!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, but I'm not sure its chalked up to any one trait (like being LGBT, personality, environment, etc.)

I have this annoying habit of vacillating between feeling misunderstood/unknown and blending into groups. In some ways its freeing, not feeling particularly connected to any one idea, place, person.

6. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

I wouldn't call myself abnormal. I'm definitely eccentric in certain people's eyes, it's a vibe I give off.

7. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All my life, yes.
    An eavesdropped quote about me from someone I went to high school with: "Miles would be hot if he wasn't so weird..." :cry:

I take pride in my eccentricities however. Weird got me the excellent friends I have now.

8. Loves books

I got called weird most of my life. All the kids at school called me weird and even my siblings thought I was weird. I knew I wasn’t normal but didn’t care. I had the odd time I tried to be more normal but it wouldn’t last more than a day. Also my slight obsession with reading was regarded as an anomaly. One girl was convinced that I wasn’t actually reading and just looking at the page because I read so fast. I wouldn’t have bothered if all I was doing was looking at a page without reading it. I suppose I sort of isolated myself by bringing books to school and reading every spare moment. Everyone else hated reading but I did it for enjoyment.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They used to until I got my bipolar meds straightened out.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I’m weird. And my friends usually don’t disagree when I say it. However, being my friends, they act as if it’s a positive thing, and maybe it is. I don’t really care. However, I think a lot of what we humans go through is never really “weird” — none of our experiences are ever really unique.

11. Forlong

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was in school classmates thought I was weird. I would spend lunchtime in the library instead of the cafeteria. I love to read and love the smell of books. Didn’t care if I didn’t eat I rather get lost in a book still do. :slight_smile:

12. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely consider myself different. People have told me that I have a strange accent, and a different way of thinking. Idk what in my thinking process makes me "weird", but my instincts tell me that there are some things that don't click with the crowd. I lack any life experiences to know whether it has any significant influences on me. So far my weirdness is not getting me anything useful.

13. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always have my extreme quiet demeanor pointed out to me. I can literally go for over an hour without uttering a single word. In my head I'm having full conversations but the link from my brain to my mouth is malfunctioning most of the time, so I end up just not saying anything whatsoever. I guess some see me as weird/peculiar. Even my boss said the other day that I'm really quiet, lol. Oh well, that's just how it is...

14. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think I'm strange but nobody thinks I am. I wasn't into parties and fads when I was at school. I was good at math. It made me stick out from the crowd. But as an adult it's not the case any more. I'm not a dramatic type, I don't have unique interests, I'm sociable. Not by any means weird.

15. Miss Kitty

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a bit like this, except with the few people I'm really comfortable with. Otherwise I'm really, really awkward and the malfunctioning link you mentioned causes me to behave in a way that would be hilarious in a sitcom but in real life makes me not want to interact with anyone.

So I suppose you could call me weird. I'm pretty certain people do, but mostly behind my back. :smiley:

16. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Weird is the new normal.

17. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not in those words, but I've been described as 'like a lemur on a sugar high' which I'd guess isn't exactly saying I'm normal.

18. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’ve been called eccentric before. I used to think that I was really weird and that was why I had no friends... I realize I just have an unusual, and at times intense, personality. I’ve always been nerdy and creative, a loner, not really into the party scene. And being a bipolar gay trans guy doesn’t help me to be all that normal.

19. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Plenty of times, idgaf though.

20. Toni1470

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve been called weird, crazy, eccentric and a whole lot of other things before. It’s part of who I am so it doesn’t bother me.