1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So first lez relationship over...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by latenlife lez, Oct 15, 2018.

1. latenlife lez

When I first got to Empty Closets- it was nice to have a place to just say to anyone - what was going on in my life since I could not really share it anywhere else.

I was all excited because I had a girl friend- and we were in love- and my living situation was complicated- as I am still married- and have 2 children. I am also a ordained minister in a protestant denomination.

There was a 20 year age difference between us- and as our relationship began to fall apart- I began to see how big that gap really was.

The other issue is she is not out to her family or really anyone except some co-workers. I came out to family and granted my parents and i have not talked since then- but I am not hiding it. I do not go out telling everyone I meet either. I will answer if asked, and the few friends I have managed to make in the last few years I have told them once I felt it was safe.

I have been done with this relationship emotionally for the last 4 months- and I am waiting for her to find a new place and move out- I want my own space

I also want to meet other women- and experience a date- however I had a friend who commented that maybe I should wait-- as I seemed to be saying all the time I was tired of all the change in my life.

I am not ready to jump into anything serious- and I know nothing about the gay community around me and would like to find out anything.

So what is holding me back- well me and the voice of my friend saying wait some time.

2. EvaDream

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there.

Just thought I'd say, it kind of sounds like you know what you want. You actually wrote the words, I want to meet other women. Your doubts seem to be more about other people's doubts. It's ok to listen to other people, but we need to be the chief authority in our own life. I struggle with this too!

3. latenlife lez

Thanks-- I reread my post and there it was-

Hope all is well for you