1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay high school movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hoolahoopycray, Oct 16, 2018.

1. hoolahoopycray

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really love gay/lesbian high school movies because I feel like I can really relate to them as opposed to stories that are more adult so yeah I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions :slight_smile:

2. LunaMare

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some that I really liked are

Love, Simon
    Alex Strangelove
    Faking It (not a movie but a tv show)
    The Perk of Being a Wallflower (not really a gay movie but it’s an amazing coming of age movie with a gay storyline)

3. RedMoth

RedMoth Guest

'The Way He Looks' is a really great movie. It follows a blind teenager, Leonardo, and his romance with a new student Gabriel. The movie is in Portuguese but that shouldn't stop you from watching it.

4. RedMoth

RedMoth Guest

Another great movie is 'Blue Is the Warmest Colour'. It follows a young girl named Adele and is in French. The only reason why I would advise against watching some parts is because of a couple of sex scenes between Adele and her love interest which could possibly make some uncomfortable.

5. RedMoth

RedMoth Guest

Okay back again, another great movie is 'Pariah'. It follows a teenager, Alike, living in the Brooklyn struggling to cope with her identity as well as her highly religious family. The movie really good however it's not a happy movie. Alike struggles a lot with her family and there's some homophobic language in the film that could make some uncomfortable.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My favorite is Beautiful Thing (1996).

7. GreenRun

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Freak Show was really good.

8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree Blue is a fabulous movie. One of my favorites. But the sex scenes might be a bit much for a younger person. It's such a lovely film though.

9. Cas girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the movie. I was going to suggest that. Esteros is also pretty great, though it is not a high school movie.
    Akron is good. It is both two college freshmen who fall in love.

10. Loves books

My Summer Of Love is about two teenage girls. It’s set during the summer break from school. It’s not a happy movie. Princess Cyd is a good movie, again set during a summer break. Loving Annabelle takes place in a boarding school but I don’t think a lot of people could relate to that. Lost and Delirious is another boarding school movie that I watched once then never watched again, I think the DVD has been on top of my wardrobe for the last 5yrs.