1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Actually Trans?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Key Bernan, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Key Bernan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For the past couple years, I’ve been switiching on and off about my gender. Recently, (around last month), I started seriously considering the fact that I could be trans.

I don’t know that I’m trans, though.
    • I feel like I should be a guy sometimes, and want to be one all the time.
    • I often wear really baggy clothes to hide my curves, because I’m extremely uncomfortable with having a female chest.
    • I’ve envisioned myself as a guy multiple times, but don’t know how to express it.
    • I’m uncomfortable with female pronouns. They feel normal, because that’s what I’ve used for most of my life, but they don’t feel right. They feel awkward.
    • I’ve found that I get really upset when people point out that I have a female chest.
    • I prefer to wear men’s clothing, they feel more comfortable and just right.
    • I get really happy when my family and friends say I look like a guy, and when they call me a male name, (even if it’s jokingly).

But I don’t know if it’s true or not. I get easily stressed, and tend to assume and jump the gun a little bit, so I’m trying to think about it reasonably. I think i might be overreacting, I guess??

Please help.

2. Chris2018

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. You're experience is pretty much just like mine AND I'm still questioning myself. For now I'm labeling myself as bigender/genderfluid/transmasculine possibly FTM. I cant answer your question as to if you are trans or not, but you can definitely see a gender therapist regardless and talk about it.

3. Chloe04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only person who truly knows if you’re trans, is you.
    Be comfortable with yourself. Could you imagine yourself living the rest of your life as a boy? How does it make you feel?
    Don’t feel forced into any kind of box. Just take the time to get to know yourself.

4. Ohplease

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    omg, same... I can't answer your question sadly, because I am trying to figure it out as well, but I posted a thread on this forum that you can read through, maybe you'e had similar experiences as me? and you can tell me if you did, I'm really curious! wish you all the best!