1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In gay men why does it seem like the majority are bottom types?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gintoki, Sep 20, 2018.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think it has something to do with sexual prefrence as some people prefer being on top, other prefer being on bottom (Me personally) ETC

2. smurf

I feel like most people don't mention that the g spot for cis men is up our butts.

A lot of people like bottoming because its fun as hell. Its feels amazing, its a unique sensation, and its just fun. Its honestly sad that many straight guys will not even attempt anal play because sooo many of them could be having the time of their lives if only there wasn't stigma with it.

Haven't looked into the research, but I personally have met mostly people who are into both depending on the chemistry with the person, mood, etc.

My husband and I flip flop fairly often. Right now I'm way more into bottoming lately, but that usually changes every so often.

18breanna and Danielito like this.
  3. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. I realized this was applying to me also for a while without me even realizing it. Even after admitting being gay I still avoided bottoming and only wanted to top because it made me feel...well...less gay somehow. The more accepting I've become of the gay stuff, I've noticed I'm also much more interested in bottoming too now that the mental block is gone.

I was curious if gay guys enjoyed the feeling more than straight guys somehow, so convinced a couple open minded straight friends to start trying anal stuff by themselves with toys etc. and both of them reported back that they were pretty amazed and intend to keep doing it. When you think about it, it's really dumb that most guys spend a huge amount of energy pursuing sexual stuff but then completely deny themselves an entire new category of fun just because it's seen as gay.

4. smurf

Yep! So awesome your friends were open to it

I have a couple of friends who were nervous about being rimmed by their girlfriends, but once they tried it they got just HOOKED. Now one of them gets pegged by his girlfriend when they are in the mood.

18breanna and Destin like this.
  5. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agreed it seems some guys won’t bottom because it they interpret that as being too gay. Once you have tried it I can’t imagine you would feel the same. It is an incredibly sensual erotic experience, different for sure but done correctly pleasurable to the max not to mention the sense of both vulnerability and empowerment all at the same time.

6. Danielito

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well if online gay chat rooms are any indication, then yeah most guys who are sexually into other guys (gay/bi guys) seem to lean towards being versatile and specially towards the bottoming/the bottom/submissive roles/positions during gay sex.

gravechild likes this.
  7. Lgbtqpride

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is no straight guy in this world, every guy are gay or bisexual since the g spot is up the butt.

18breanna likes this.
  8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it interesting how "What do you like to do?" and "Are you a top or a bottom?" are the first questions people ask. It's as if you're not a person. Let's face it. In most of these situations, it's a strike while the iron is hot situation and it's not about cultivating anything beyond that, which is fine, so I don't see how someone could infuse all this emotional workup into these experiences. The emotional workup is for relationships. We should also consider that about 1/3 of G and B men don't engage in anal sex.

Destin likes this.
  9. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really dislike these conversations when I meet a guy. I'm usually just wanting to make a friend and maybe have a little fun. Planning how far a relationship will go based on our "position" moves that relationship further than it should, to me, too early in the process.

I was chatting with a friend of a friend about going on a camping trip. He asked me what I liked "to do". I responded that I let every relationship develop the way it feels. His response "So, you're versatile then, I'm a top, this could work". I never connected with him, even for a hike, after that. I could just not deal with the idea that he was wanting to build a friendship based on something I might not ever want to do with him.

In my community of older gay/bi men, there is a shortage of tops. I think, partly, because some older guys just can't make it happen. So, I get this question a lot. I know I put off a lot of guys right away. But, I just won't answer it any longer.

10. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being treated like a non-human is even worse on the apps. At least in person you can talk to the person about stuff. Every app conversation ever goes like this:

- Hey
    - Hey
    - How are you?
    - Bored at home haha
    - Same
    - Top or bottom?
    - Vers
    - Cool. Host or travel?
    - Travel
    - Into?
    - Everything
    - Cool, be here in an hour.

It's literally less than a minute of talking before they want to hook up. When you get like 10 of these conversations a day that are all identical it gets annoying that no one wants to just chat and hang out or be friends.

#30 Destin, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  11. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure on some level I guess it's probably a generational thing but I've never been asked top or bottom other than a couple times as we were actually getting ready to have sex--and I was pretty far from the Virgin Queen back in the day. I would find it extremely offputting.

#31 OGS, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018