1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not acting trans before I realised

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Chloe04, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Chloe04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I realised I was trans I always considered myself to be a typical boy. I played with boys toys and went out with my dad and wore boys clothes. underneath it all I was extremely depressed and unhappy but on balance I always thought of myself as a boy and I never acted particularly effeminate.

This is not me questioning my gender. At this point I’ve known for years and I’m 100% sure of my gender identity, but I’m afraid that if and when I come out, people will try deny me similar to how I denied myself.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is that I’m confused about the difference between the way I feel and the way I act. And I don’t know what to think of it.
    Has anybody else had any similar experiences? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

NoName87 likes this.
  2. Crisalide

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People can be in denial even about "typically" trans people (the ones who fit the mainstream narrative). *Any* excuse can be used for denial: from "but you're too gender conforming, you're fake" to: "you're gender non-conforming, why can't you be just gay?" I think that, when you come out, you have to be prepared to any kind of reaction, even - sadly - the negative ones. Ex my parents don't believe me, which makes me frustrated and dysphoric etc, but before coming out I knew to be prepared and that I wouldn't suffer too much.

Chloe04 likes this.
  3. Chloe04

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for the kind reply! I’m sorry about your parents not believing you, and that’s exactly what I’m afraid of. I’ve spent so long coming to terms with myself, now I somehow have to make other people come to terms with me.

4. MrLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    “I’ve spent so long coming to terms with myself,…”

Just like you needed time, give others time. You may have come to terms, but it’s still unknown to them and will be new when you tell them.

Chloe04 likes this.