1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Day - Some thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by givenchy, Oct 11, 2018.

1. givenchy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Happy National Coming Out Day!

I have a love-hate relationship with this day, I love to see the support and love shared throughout the LGBTQ+ community, and love to see how proud people are and how happy they are after coming out. It really warms my heart :blush:. I am filled with pride myself but I feel a huge amount of pressure on me as well. I feel like I have to come out today. I feel an insane amount of pressure to just say it. Every year I have thought about coming out to my family on this day. I thought "hey if other people are doing it, so can I!" but when I actually get to it, I can't do it. Every. Single. Year. This year included. I think that's okay, obviously I'm just not ready, but I want to do it. Maybe I just shouldn't think of 'coming out day' as the day, but its hard not to when thats the name of it. I don't know, I just feel like while its a great day for celebrating coming out and living our truths, it has so much pressure attached to it.

Not too sure if this makes any sense or if it was even going anywhere specific but I needed to put my thoughts out there :thinking:

2. SoulSearch

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree. While I appreciate the support I see expressed, I was sad today too because I’m not ready to be all the way out. I want to be part of the community and I want to declare my love for my woman publicly. Maybe next year.

3. AdityaD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's national coming out day(well, it was yesterday) but that doesn't mean that everyone has to come out today only, even if, they aren't ready to come out. This day is not intended to pressure anyone to come out before they're ready. There's no right day and right time to come out. You can come out anytime you want, whenever you are ready and comfortable. Nobody is pressuring you. Take your time mate and your safety is more important.
    I came out to a friend today just because I was ready and comfortable to come out to her only . But, I'M still not out to anyone else except her and I think I'm not gonna come out to anyone else until I'm ready.
    Everyday is a coming out day!! So take your time and do it only when you feel that you are ready.

4. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Well it's your life and your family to deal with. Not anybody else's. And if you come out, then you can't take it back, so it's a good thing to be certain first before you do it. So you should do you. If you don't feel like coming out, then you must have a good reason for it.

5. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm out to some people but wanted to celebrate coming out day. I've been ill and not in a sharing mood. I only told one person ....