1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask my ex co worker out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Oct 10, 2018.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to work at this pet store in 2013 and quit 6 months later. I would still come in as a customer ever so often. Maybe a year or so after I quit, My crush started working there as an manager. I always liked her. I was just deathly afraid of asking her out. Idk if she was gay at the time, i didn’t want my old co-workers to find out I was gay, and for some reason if I wanted to work there again you couldn’t date within the company.

A couple of months ago I started working there again. My crush had left the company and just came back a couple of months before I did. At first it took me and her a while to get to know each other to joke around at work. But now I think we’re cool. I can’t tell if she likes me, a few weeks ago I got contacts and she told me I was cuter with my classes. And I guess we would flirt back and forth. One time she got dressed in front of me at work and she said not to look(I tired not to look, but life happens. Lmao). So made fun of me because I did peep. She was cool with it (thank god) but she said that her girlfriend wouldn’t appreciate though

That was a month or 2 ago. I no longer work there. The last week I’ve been running into her more and more. Today I went to the store to get something for my dog and she gave me some toys and said they only cost a dollar.

I want to ask her out but they’re a couple of problems. She doesn’t know I’m gay, I don’t know how much older she is than me (I don’t care, but it might matter that I’m younger. I’m 24), I don’t know if she likes me, she doesn’t know I like her, and I don’t know if she’s still with her girlfriend. Also, when it comes to stuff like this, I’m a coward. Lol. I’ve never been good at telling girls that I like them. I get nervous and shy. I’m to old to be like this. What should I do?

2. Kit 21

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should ask her out, Im mean you've already had the awkward parts, lol. Just ask her if she's single if she is go in for the kill.

3. Robishere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, so I'm gonna start off by saying that it's probably not a good idea to ask her out if she's already mentioned she has a girlfriend. I'd try to make sure she's single before approaching her about going out on a date. If you ask her out and she ends up still being with her girlfriend, you're setting yourself up to get hurt.

If anything, you should think about telling her that you're gay before even asking her out. If you feel you can't just walk right up to her and say "I'm gay", you could take a more nonchalant approach to letting her know. Maybe just mention it casually in a conversation and see how she reacts to it.

#3 Robishere, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there!

I think approaching it carefully, and perhaps casually to start off would be best - given what you have described and the unknowns. If possible, try to ask her if she would be willing to get together with you for a coffee as a friend, to catch up or just to connect again, catch up. Lots of former co-workers stay in touch and get together to catch up. This could help to lessen the awkwardness or the pressure of (needing) to ask her out at this point. Speaking with her, you will learn as to where things are at for her, and you might also have an opportunity to let her know about yourself.